cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME H610M-A D4 Freezes after a few days (weeks)

enb141
Level 9
Hi, my PRIME H610M-A D4 freezes after a few days, sometimes after a few weeks, I tested with an AMD 6400 and also with a GeForce 1050 TI, apparently the only card (that I tested) which doesn't seems to suffer this freezeness is my GeForce 1030.

I usually only sleep my computer, but when windows decides to send updates, I'm forced to restart the computer, then after a few minutes of use, the computer freezes, so as workaround I have to update the bios to the latest version, if there's no bios, reapplying the bios fixes the issue, also changing some settings of the bios fix the issue too.

I don't overclock neither memory nor CPU.

The issue is not driver related because it freezes even at bios.
3,574 Views
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enb141
Level 9

After whatever I did in the BIOS, now the system doesn't has the issue anymore.

 

😀

 

Thank you guys for your suggestions, the problem was a BIOS setting(s).

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

JohnAb
Level 17
Hi enb141 - you seem to be in the wrong place, this is the Intel part of the forum. I think this is the one you want:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?315-AMD-600-Series-Motherboards
Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
Hi enb141 - you seem to be in the wrong place, this is the Intel part of the forum. I think this is the one you want:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?315-AMD-600-Series-Motherboards


Yes, my motherboard is Intel based chipset.

Also, are all of your motherboard drivers up to date (not just Windows updates)? Sometimes, people miss the Intel ME firmware updates (and Windows ME driver updates) as well. Sorry if you know this, but worth asking.
Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb
Level 17
Very sorry, I read AMD 6400 and assumed that was the CPU, Doh. Sometimes I amaze myself with my stupidity lol.

I do have a couple of quick ideas ideas for you, have you tried turning off PCI Express Native Power management and Native ASPM in BIOS (Advanced tab). That has helped some people.
Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
Very sorry, I read AMD 6400 and assumed that was the CPU, Doh. Sometimes I amaze myself with my stupidity lol.

I do have a couple of quick ideas ideas for you, have you tried turning off PCI Express Native Power management and Native ASPM in BIOS (Advanced tab). That has helped some people.



Yes, I tried playing with that, but every time I have to update BIOS, those settings get reset and also change a little bit depending on the BIOS version, but I'll check for those settings when the motherboard freezes again.


JohnAb wrote:
Also, are all of your motherboard drivers up to date (not just Windows updates)? Sometimes, people miss the Intel ME firmware updates (and Windows ME driver updates) as well. Sorry if you know this, but worth asking.



Yes I check for all updates when the motherboard freezes, but doesn't matters because the freeze happens also when I'm navigating within the BIOS (no operating system).

JohnAb
Level 17
OK, I understand, but just to say that a mismatch between between BIOS and Intel ME versions can cause problems, even at the BIOS screen. Otherwise, have you tested your RAM using Memtest 86 in BIOS and have your tried unplugging all USB devices that you don't need (i.e. are not essential). I've had freezes in the past that turned out to be faulty USB devices (once was a faulty USB cable and the other cause was a corrupted external drive). Those problems can be really hard to find, so eliminate everything you can for now.
Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
OK, I understand, but just to say that a mismatch between between BIOS and Intel ME versions can cause problems, even at the BIOS screen. Otherwise, have you tested your RAM using Memtest 86 in BIOS and have your tried unplugging all USB devices that you don't need (i.e. are not essential). I've had freezes in the past that turned out to be faulty USB devices (once was a faulty USB cable and the other cause was a corrupted external drive). Those problems can be really hard to find, so eliminate everything you can for now.



Now that you mention that, I only use one USB C Hub that I use for connecting my 3 USBs (Bluetooth, Logitech Dongle and Flirc), when it freezes again, I'll disconnect them all and use only the Logitech Dongle for my keyboard touchpad combo, to see if the other devices, including the dongle, are the responsables of the freezing.

JohnAb
Level 17
Certainly worth a try - good luck
Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

enb141
Level 9
I got my first freeze, after this post, I removed all the USBs except the one for the keyboard/touchpad combo and the UPS, and that didn't fix the issue, so now I removed all power management and disable all P0, P1, hopefully that works.


By the way, how do I test RAM using Memtest 86 in BIOS?