cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME H610M-A D4 Freezes after a few days (weeks)

enb141
Level 9
Hi, my PRIME H610M-A D4 freezes after a few days, sometimes after a few weeks, I tested with an AMD 6400 and also with a GeForce 1050 TI, apparently the only card (that I tested) which doesn't seems to suffer this freezeness is my GeForce 1030.

I usually only sleep my computer, but when windows decides to send updates, I'm forced to restart the computer, then after a few minutes of use, the computer freezes, so as workaround I have to update the bios to the latest version, if there's no bios, reapplying the bios fixes the issue, also changing some settings of the bios fix the issue too.

I don't overclock neither memory nor CPU.

The issue is not driver related because it freezes even at bios.
32 REPLIES 32

DragDay7
Level 9
Most of the pressure comes from mounting screws, not mb orientation. Here you "can" see 4 pins that were freezing pc. Usually freezing comes from unstable ram or bad connection with it. Try it, you might get lucky.

DragDay7 wrote:
Most of the pressure comes from mounting screws, not mb orientation. Here you "can" see 4 pins that were freezing pc. Usually freezing comes from unstable ram or bad connection with it. Try it, you might get lucky.

I see your point, excuse my blindness, where are the 4 pins?

enb141 wrote:
excuse my blindness, where are the 4 pins?

That's exacly why I'm talking about. You can't see it but it's there (I marked them on last picture).

JohnAb
Level 17
The motherboard might be faulty, it does happen, but I agree with DragDay7, look very carefully at the CPU socket. Use a magnifying glass or your phone to zoom in. Look for dirt and debris, bent pins etc. Then re-apply thermal paste and don't overtighten.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

enb141
Level 9
What makes me think about is is why only happens after the second or third reboot (after BIOS update/reset/reconfiguration).

The first boots (some times the first or the second boot ) are flawless, I can sleep the computer with no issues and works fine for days or weeks, but as soon as I reboot the computer, the issues start to appear.

JohnAb
Level 17
You raise a good question. I don't know, but I will think about it. When you say reboot, do you mean a Windows restart, or do you mean that you have turned off the PSU?
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
You raise a good question. I don't know, but I will think about it. When you say reboot, do you mean a Windows restart, or do you mean that you have turned off the PSU?

With reboot I mean restart the computer not to power off.

DragDay7 wrote:
I can elaborate on freezing issues endlessly. Look up thread I've started on my profile - took almost a year to figure out my freezing case. My pc could work for weeks without a freeze then out of nowhere like spiderman I get freezing everyday. Unscrewing cpu cooler mount helped me the most, but eventually it froze again. After fixing cpu socket pins I finally have no freezing for months now. Could you tell they're misaligned? Asus technicians found nothing during service.

Ok, you made a point, I'll check out the pins to see if that's the problem.

JohnAb wrote:
I'm with you DragDay7, I think something hardware related is wrong. Either the CPU/dirt/pins, cables, bad connection, short circuit between the motherboard and case, bad PSU, bad CPU, bad motherboard. Something cannot be right. Wish I knew what it was. I think that you are going to have to strip down the PC, rebuild and check everything, very carefully 😞

Bad PSU I doubt because I tested 2 different PSU, one of those was brand new platinum seasonic, but as DragDay7 said, I'll check the pins of the CPU.

DragDay7
Level 9
I can elaborate on freezing issues endlessly. Look up thread I've started on my profile - took almost a year to figure out my freezing case. My pc could work for weeks without a freeze then out of nowhere like spiderman I get freezing everyday. Unscrewing cpu cooler mount helped me the most, but eventually it froze again. After fixing cpu socket pins I finally have no freezing for months now. Could you tell they're misaligned? Asus technicians found nothing during service.

JohnAb
Level 17
I'm with you DragDay7, I think something hardware related is wrong. Either the CPU/dirt/pins, cables, bad connection, short circuit between the motherboard and case, bad PSU, bad CPU, bad motherboard. Something cannot be right. Wish I knew what it was. I think that you are going to have to strip down the PC, rebuild and check everything, very carefully 😞

enb141
Level 9

After whatever I did in the BIOS, now the system doesn't has the issue anymore.

😀

Thank you guys for your suggestions, the problem was a BIOS setting(s).