cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIME H610M-A D4 Freezes after a few days (weeks)

enb141
Level 9
Hi, my PRIME H610M-A D4 freezes after a few days, sometimes after a few weeks, I tested with an AMD 6400 and also with a GeForce 1050 TI, apparently the only card (that I tested) which doesn't seems to suffer this freezeness is my GeForce 1030.

I usually only sleep my computer, but when windows decides to send updates, I'm forced to restart the computer, then after a few minutes of use, the computer freezes, so as workaround I have to update the bios to the latest version, if there's no bios, reapplying the bios fixes the issue, also changing some settings of the bios fix the issue too.

I don't overclock neither memory nor CPU.

The issue is not driver related because it freezes even at bios.
32 REPLIES 32

JohnAb
Level 17
If you have a similar BIOS, you will find it in the top right of the screen. Just click on it and testing will start. You can change testing options from within.

If not, you can download a free version and then then create a bootable USB to run it from. Just follow the web page instructions....
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

enb141
Level 9
Apparently my BIOS doesn't has it, so I downloaded it.

After running it, when MemTest86 was running Test 4 or 5, the computer rebooted by itself, then I tried to boot MemTest86 again and the app continued to the test 4 or 5 again (it didn't start with test 1), after finishing the first pass, MemTest86 didn't show any cumulative error count).

Right now I'm in the second pass (Test 7), right now the computer hasn't rebooted yet.

enb141
Level 9
After a few more hours, the system started to freeze again, so disabling power management didn't solved the problem.

JohnAb
Level 17
Hi enb141, sorry to hear that. So your memory is OK during tests? Have you tried all of the following? (easy things first - your BIOS settings may not be exactly the same):

1) Unplug everything you can (I know you've tried this) also try another keyboard and mouse if you have alternatives
2) Disable PCI Express Native Power Mgt in BIOS (advanced tab, platform misc configuration)
3) Disable Native ASPM (Active State Power Management) (advanced tab, platform misc configuration)
4) Make sure that maximum power savings in Link State Power Management in Windows (Edit Power Plan/ Advanced settings/ PCI Express/ Link State Power Management) are NOT enabled, or only go for moderate power savings
5) Try running Command prompt as admin and type: sfc /scannow
6) Then also try as admin: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
7) Turn XMP off and/or run the memory at lower speed, try different RAM sticks
😎 Try an earlier BIOS
9) Reinstall Windows (save all of your files first!), make sure that you have all of you motherboard drivers re-installed
10) Reseat the CPU

I hope one of the above helps or that somebody else can suggest some other things to try.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

enb141
Level 9
MemTest86 reports OK for the 4 times it runs, but on the first run I got a reboot at the middle of the test.

Windows is not the problem because it freezes/reboots even at bios or for example when running MemTest86, I had this issue since day one (starting from windows fresh install)

As far as I know I don't use XMP, does it uses XMP by default?

I tried Disabled PCI Express Native Power Mgt and Enabled, same problem.

I tried Disable Native ASPM and Enabled, same problem.

This problem happens with I use more "powerful" video cards (GT 1050 ti and AMD 6400), the issue is not present if I use a low end video card (GeForce 1030).

enb141
Level 9
I forgot to mention, I tried all BIOS, drivers, windows 11 versions since I got this motherboard (about 10 months ago).

JohnAb
Level 17
OK, I thought it might have been happening in BIOS as well, when I read back I couldn't see that, maybe I missed it. Old age, bad memory lol. Hmmm.

XMP will be off if you reset the BIOS. Have you checked all of your motherboard connections carefully - to the PSU? Sorry, but I'm running out of ideas!

enb141
Level 9
Yes, every time the bios gets updated it sets to default everything, so I think I never used XMP in my life (I don't overclock).

Yes, actually I had to replace the hard drive (I broke the connector), I also thought the problem was the power supply so I replaced it with a seasonic platinum, I removed the Blu Ray.

I'm running out of ideas too, but thank you for giving me more ideas about what and how to test memory.

Probably the motherboard is faulty 😞

DragDay7
Level 9
Take a closer look on cpu socket. Even hard to notice bent pin can make ur pc unstable. You can try unscrew cpu cooler mount and screw it down as lightly as possible to see if freezing goes away. I mean just so it holds down the cooler in place without making much pressure.

DragDay7 wrote:
Take a closer look on cpu socket. Even hard to notice bent pin can make ur pc unstable. You can try unscrew cpu cooler mount and screw it down as lightly as possible to see if freezing goes away. I mean just so it holds down the cooler in place without making much pressure.

The computer is an HTPC, so the motherboard is in horizontal position, but I'll check that too.