cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

Falck
Level 10
Wait, which motherboards had the 7702 for reviewers? I can't find any reviewers testing out Zen 2 on x370 boards...

Ravwyn
Level 7
Yeah, sure seems that way. I mean - it's always a bumpy road for early birds... but c'mon ASUS, if you expect anyone buying new higher-end boards from you in the future - you need to step up your staff on the support front. Especially if you run around promoting your ROG brand as THE hottest **** there is 😃

Cr
Level 7
With the 7201 EFI Asus Aura didn't find my ROG RX Vega64. ...

Cr@zed^ wrote:
With the 7201 EFI Asus Aura didn't find my ROG RX Vega64. ...

I'm seeing the same problem since BIOS 7003. Frustrating.

I just got my ryzen 3600, im stuck in a bootloop, everything is on stock settings, after about 6 hours of me trying to guess what to do I finally figured it out, the auto voltage that was being given to the 3600 was not enough, the only way I can boot is if I set my voltage to 1.425v and that is very very high, anything lower and windows in idle is unstable and keeps crashing im using bios version 7201. Any suggestions? I do have a 360mm rad and can handle the volts but that is just way to high for stock settings

Overlordkazi wrote:
I just got my ryzen 3600, im stuck in a bootloop, everything is on stock settings, after about 6 hours of me trying to guess what to do I finally figured it out, the auto voltage that was being given to the 3600 was not enough, the only way I can boot is if I set my voltage to 1.425v and that is very very high, anything lower and windows in idle is unstable and keeps crashing im using bios version 7201. Any suggestions? I do have a 360mm rad and can handle the volts but that is just way to high for stock settings

Can you flash to 7301 instead and see if those issues persist?

I have a cold-boot-bug with 7302 and CSM disabled: Every time I boot up the PC (after having it turned off for ~8 hours) the first boot will result in a freeze (when windows 10 shows the spinning animation). I guess this only ever happens if CSM is disabled. I disabled it since it makes reboots faster (going from windows task manager, it saves about 2 seconds, 16.5s to 14.5s) and on top of that, the LED under the post code would ALWAYS stay on (in bright white) even if all the LEDs were disabled in the bios options.

Summary: CSM disabled makes reboots faster, and fixes the LED, but causes a freeze on the first cold boot of the day.
CSM enabled makes reboots slower, and causes the LED under the postcode to be constantly on, in bright white, but cold boots work fine?(again, not sure if this cold boot bug is related to CSM or if it always happens with 7302.)

Under "Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\FAN Control\FAN Table Control" I can set a manual value for the critical temperature which is 75°C in the Q-Fan Control and leads the fan spinning on max speed when reaching it.

Sadly, the set value gets ignored and the critical temperature is still 75°C after changing it manually.

KeithMyers
Level 7
I finally have figured out my maddening problem of my computer constantly rebooting with a cpu overtemp error. C7H with a 2700X and the 1001 BIOS had been running with no issues for years.

Then I upgraded to the 3900X and the 2501 BIOS. Then the problem started. Constant overtemp errors dumping me to the BIOS splash screen which will not go any further till you acknowledge the error with a F1 key press. So if the system is unattended, then the system is offline till you notice the monitor display with the error.

I have custom water cooling with the pump powered off a SATA connector. But the radiator fans are powered off the cpu fan header on the motherboard. As well as 4 other case fans. I was finally in front of the computer when I noticed the cpu temp was reporting 92°C and all five fan headers were reporting 0 rpm. I took off the computer side panel to access the fans and saw in fact every fan in the case connected to the motherboard headers were not spinning. I switched the radiator fans to the cpu opt header to see if anything changed but they still did not spin up. At that point the cpu hit 95° C. and then the computer rebooted to the BIOS splash screen with the cpu overtemp error displayed and demanding a F1 key press. All the fans started spinning again.

So for now I have cobbled together a cable to connect the radiator fans to a molex connector since the motherboard and BIOS can't be trusted to provide +12V all the time. But the case fans are still powered from the motherboard and they cool the memory and VRM's an 3 gpus.

So when is the BIOS going to be fixed to prevent the loss of fan header output?

Ravwyn
Level 7
Sounds like you need a bleeding-edge beta UEFI. I've had my issues resolved with a UEFI version that is based on AGESA 1.0.0.3 - no suffixes at all. The latest I know of is ABB. Since this thread deals with your board predecessor, the Crosshair VI, I would advise you to find a specialized thread. I'm sure there are some more recent files available.

What really worries me is how similar the issues are on a supposedly different chipset and board - we had issues like this before. The qfan-control always was a weak point - and the AURA implementation. These two ALWAYS cause issues. But i've never heard of a board cutting power to running pumps and or fans - that is a severe issue! I would even say that you escalate the problem and contact ASUS support directly - yes that might be a hassle, but you did nothing wrong and bought a supported GPU - used an official UEFI. Tell ASUS of your troubles and link them to this thread. That's the best you can do for now, I guess.