cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

The SoC Voltage Control inside the Advanced > AMD Overclocking menu is broken and does nothing. Please fix it so it works just like the normal SoC Voltage control, so I can comfortably set all the relevant voltages in one menu tab.

Edit: with ryzen 3600 and bios 7403. And yes, I enabled the soc constant frequency settings right below it in the menu as well. Makes no difference.

Another thing is, I have to follow the following order, or else I lose 1k mb/s in memory read speed and 2ns in memory latency in aida64

Apply timings in bios, save and exit. Let pc boot into windows. Now I have to restart again, manually by going to restart in the windows explorer.

So I think there are some memory training issues going on. Like I said, I lose a significant portion of performance every time I do NOT restart after applying any bios change. This is also true for cold boots.

Qcode 8 (Ryzen 3600 + 7403 Bios + Ballistix 3200mhz (but running default 2400mhz))

Happens with regular boot, restart or hibernate. Sometimes PC can get as far as Windows loading screen before Mobo freezes with 8 qcode error. Other times, even with the PSU off/on, the Mobo just shows 8 qcode as soon as you press power. Trust me, this isn't settings issue as going to optimized default/clearing CMOS does nothing to stop the 8 qcode. Tested every part with the replacement but CPU/Motherboard, but seeing many people with the same problem, I would say either it is a widespread defect or a BIOS issues.

PC boots no problem with the Safe Boot button. It is the only reason I still have use board, otherwise I would have RMA'ed it already.

I do not find the VI Extreme Bug report thread, but since it's related to the Hero I'll post it here.

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, Crosshair VI Extreme Bios 7403, 32 GB ram (4x8GB), 1080 Ti, 6 fans in the case, including PC fans.,

Whetever I'm playing, browsing, or doing anything on my PC. EVERY single fan (except for the ones connected to the CPU_FAN and GPU) will stop spinning, and no matter what I do in Windows they can't resume working... I have to restart in order to make them work again.

The leds for the fans work fine, they don't stop working, only the fans stop spinning. I've tried reinstalling Windows, going into older bioses (I don't have anything installed from ASUS Software, asides for Aura to control the lighting). I have connected every single fan into a dedicated header (I'm not using splitters or fan hubs).

This issue happens pretty randomly, althrough very sporadically (1-2 times per Month), I've not been able to pinpoint which causes it.

FoxTech
Level 7
Switched to 7403 yesterday, now, the t1 Sensor stopped working.
Now, I'm not sure, is this bios related or the sensor simply died?
Anyone with the same problem?
Greetings

I have problems with bclk overclocking on c6h + 3600x(7403, 0075, 7501). If bclk set more than 100, 3600x will stuck on 38.5x with 1.09v. No boost and no idle frequency reset. Anyone get such issue? Is there any workaround for this?

Alessio1989
Level 9
7501, missing almost all CBS settings in BIOS. EDIT: going back to 6401, so fare there are no good reasons to use newer BIOS versions for 1st or 2nd Ryzen generations.

There is an arbitrary freezing of post codes, after overclocking the memory. The problem is observed even when using only XMP.
I tried two sets of memory.Helps only reset button on motherboard. Bios 7501.
RAM: Hynix CJR
CPU: Ryzen 3600

Alessio1989
Level 9
cool, now this is no more the Crosshair VI Hero forum anymore....

Alessio1989 wrote:
cool, now this is no more the Crosshair VI Hero forum anymore....

I was searching for some Infos about my C6H aswell.
Seems, we're outdated now...
Greetings

Alessio1989
Level 9
BIOS 7803 produces a q-code 3b if CSM is disabled.