cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero bug reports

elmor
Level 10
Hi guys, you can help improving the C6H by reporting your bugs using this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWovVLyETJTI4-6r0h5SDzj8muLTjAGfoszKqZoySBOb684w/viewform. Please only report verified and replicable bugs. If in doubt, you can ask here.
192 REPLIES 192

Ravwyn wrote:
Sounds like you need a bleeding-edge beta UEFI. I've had my issues resolved with a UEFI version that is based on AGESA 1.0.0.3 - no suffixes at all. The latest I know of is ABB. Since this thread deals with your board predecessor, the Crosshair VI, I would advise you to find a specialized thread. I'm sure there are some more recent files available.

What really worries me is how similar the issues are on a supposedly different chipset and board - we had issues like this before. The qfan-control always was a weak point - and the AURA implementation. These two ALWAYS cause issues. But i've never heard of a board cutting power to running pumps and or fans - that is a severe issue! I would even say that you escalate the problem and contact ASUS support directly - yes that might be a hassle, but you did nothing wrong and bought a supported GPU - used an official UEFI. Tell ASUS of your troubles and link them to this thread. That's the best you can do for now, I guess.

I posted in this thread as there is no thread for bug reports for the Crosshair VII Hero and this was labeled for X370/X470.

I have contacted AMD and have a ticket open with them.

The VDDCR SOC Voltage control inside the Advanced > AMD Overclocking settings does nothing. I set it to as low as 100mv which shouldn't be possible to boot with, but it still worked. AMD Ryzen Master reported the soc voltage as 0.1.

FoxTech
Level 7
Hi Community,

Having a problem since the beginning with my C6H Rev 1.00 ( I guess)
Can't read Rev. Number, because the GPU Waterblock is that massiv.

So, what does it:
When I enter voltage- settings in the bios, for example SOC Voltage 1.025v its always shows 1,003v
Same with Dram Voltage. My setting is 1,355v for my Dominator Platinum 3466@3200Mhz. But it never went above 1,330v
I guess, 1,330v are enough for 3200 Mhz but if I try to go a little step further, the system wont boot. No matter what timings.
The only voltage, that seems to be showing the exact vltage is, CPU VDD Voltage.

So, is this a bug or does it only show wrong numbers?
Greetings

Has anyone experienced a problem where the PC does not wake from sleep/S3. Debug just stays on e1 (C6H 7201) I just updated the Bios from 7106. wondering if I should reflash or try a beta bios. I haven't experienced any of the problems I've read about just this one. Running a 3700x.

Yes, I had that Issue every time, with any bios.
I disabled Sleep/hybernation. Otherwise, I have to hard power down my PC

Seems, my board has all the bugs oO
Greetings

Guess I'm not the only one, I'm just going to try reflashing to the same bios tonight and see if it does anything.

6kbyte
Level 7
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS #7306 causing SATA Devices randomly not shown, multiple restarts during restart/reset/power on and mouse/keyboard freezes while at BIOS.

Great Job "ASUS" ... this is soooooo premium and expensive hero-like !!!!!!!!!!!

6kbyte wrote:
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS #7306 causing SATA Devices randomly not shown, multiple restarts during restart/reset/power on and mouse/keyboard freezes while at BIOS.

Great Job "ASUS" ... this is soooooo premium and expensive hero-like !!!!!!!!!!!

Can you try setting your PCIE version from AUTO to GEN3 instead? Looks like people who use either nvme or m.2 interface seems to have a lot of issues.

Just cold booted my pc and got an F9 error and not a c8 one, loaded into the safe mode BIOS and I could restart from the BIOS without any changes into Windows. It seems like that the cold boot bug is not fixed completely with the 7306 BIOS.

In the safe mode BIOS the ram speed was showing the stock speed of 2666 mhz but the manual set voltage was the same. I just checked the ram speed in Windows and it is 3800 mhz.

mhaeuser
Level 7
Good day,

Going from 7201 to 7403 caused sedutil Rescue and PBO images to fail booting. The issue is the kernel performs a NULL dereference at address 0x10 during ACPI processing, it happens right after discovering the two power buttons PWRB and PWRF and right before it should notify about HEST not being enabled. If that is of any interest, there is an error that "acpi_walk_namespace" failed out of "ibm:acpiphp_init", but that error is present during working and broken boot. The update was performed with EzFlash and tested with "optimized defaults" and the former custom settings from 7201. Is any further information needed?

Thank you for your support.