cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop G713QR issue

Alf-life
Level 7
Hello!
I'm having a problem with crashing games for 3 month.

Every games crashes after 3-30 min without any errors. It was on win10 as well as it's now on win1 I've updated all drivers and DirectX, Microsoft C++, Net framework 3.5&4.8, Direct Play .
During games no overheating. Virtual Memory is on.
Crashes are with CS GO, Far Cry 3-5, PUBG, Mafia II Remastered. Two things I find important: 1. After a month after purchase my laptop has lost RTX3070 and it could work only with integrated graphics. I had to reinstall chipset driver. 2. I also work with Premiere Pro and don't experience such problems.

The problem appeared instant after purchase and now I lost all hope to understand how to fix this issue.

Any thoughts?
73 REPLIES 73

In conclusion how the issue can be resolved. At least partly.

For games released before RTX 3070 laptop there is no way to be played without crashing (or if there is patch from developer).
For games released after RTX 3070 laptop main and only condition is window game mode or borderless mode.

You can update video driver from ASUS or NVidia. It doesn't change anything.

Thank you Starrain for you help!

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Alf-life,
I've replied PM to you. Could you please check the PM again?
Thank you.

Hello Starrain!

Testing software such as Furmark or 3dMark didn't show any problem.

I played all these games with the latest drivers and with drivers from ASUS download center. With window mode or borderless. I have even created a manual mode Armoury crate with SPL/SPPT 40/80W and GPU base clock offset 60/200Mhz.
List of games:
1. CS GO
2. Far Cry 3
3. Far Cry 4
4. Far Cry 5
5. Cyberpunk 2077
6. PUBG
7. Resident evil Village
8. Mafia 2 Remastered
9. Call of Duty: Ghosts

All these games have crashed in 5-30 min of gameplay.
Two things make me think it's a hardware problem. After 2 months after purchase the laptop has lost its Nvidia GPU. I had to reinstall the chipset driver. The second one is with a driver from the asus download center(27.21.14.6235)I can play sometimes up to 30 min unlike with the latest from Nvidia.

How could we resolve this issue?

Alf-life wrote:
Hello Starrain!

Testing software such as Furmark or 3dMark didn't show any problem.

I played all these games with the latest drivers and with drivers from ASUS download center. With window mode or borderless. I have even created a manual mode Armoury crate with SPL/SPPT 40/80W and GPU base clock offset 60/200Mhz.
List of games:
1. CS GO
2. Far Cry 3
3. Far Cry 4
4. Far Cry 5
5. Cyberpunk 2077
6. PUBG
7. Resident evil Village
8. Mafia 2 Remastered
9. Call of Duty: Ghosts

All these games have crashed in 5-30 min of gameplay.
Two things make me think it's a hardware problem. After 2 months after purchase the laptop has lost its Nvidia GPU. I had to reinstall the chipset driver. The second one is with a driver from the asus download center(27.21.14.6235)I can play sometimes up to 30 min unlike with the latest from Nvidia.

How could we resolve this issue?

Mine happens most often in Starcraft 2 but it is an entire system freeze. Is your computer locking up or just the application?

shaunboy wrote:
Mine happens most often in Starcraft 2 but it is an entire system freeze. Is your computer locking up or just the application?

I've updated new chipset driver from ASUS centre to Version V1.2.0.118 from 2021/11/24

Now there are two options
1. Nvidia driver V27.21.14.6235 Games crush as always. (with this driver do NOT work nvidia control panel)
2. Nvidia driver v496.76 Not only games crush but and Windows freezes.

2021-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) installed yesterday and it hasn't crashed today. I will see during the rest of the week if the laptop crashes.

Thanks,

Alf-life
Level 7
I've installed drivers from asus center. It got better. Now I can play more than 10 min. Half an hour is ok for asus rog laptop?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
Does the games crashing occur every 30mins?
Could you please record screen for gaming crashing and Armoury Crate information?
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
I'll consult our tech team to check if there is any other suggestions.
Thank you.

I have worked in the I.T. field for over 16 years.

I purchased the G713QR through Amazon.com about one month before Alf. I had no problems at all until around the time that I updated the bios to v323. Now while playing games on the high performance RTX 3070 the system randomly crashes. I also use an external monitor plugged into HDMI. When the system crashes it displays a "Green Screen" which bears the hallmarks of a Video card problem. However, normally this issue would occur immediately upon use of physically broken hardware. It does not. I also noted the RGB lighting on the keyboard freezes at the exact time.

These "symptoms" seem to be more consistent with firmware issues unless there is a manufacturing defect in most of the G713QR laptops. If that is the case I want to trade-up to the STRIX SCAR model for the 3080.

Thanks,

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi shaunboy,
Do you remember the bios version before updated to v323?
How long did you playing Starcraft 2 before the issue occurred?
Which hyperfan mode do you select in Armoury Crate? How was the temperature while system crashing?

Please also follow the steps below to see if system crashing occurs or not.
1. Please use Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool v1.1.5.0 and Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer v 3.1.1.2 from our support site to reinstall Armoury Crate. Then, please enter update center to update Armoury Crate UWP V4.2.12.0. If there is any notice ask for restarting the device, please follow the notice to restart.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
2. Please make sure iGPU mode in Armoury Crate is "turn off". Please don't select auto.
3. Please update NVIDIA Graphic Driver V27.21.14.6235 and AMD Graphics Driver V27.20.14044.4001 from our support site.
https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-g17-series/helpdesk_download
4. Please change game display from full screen to windowed mode.

If the issue still occurs, may I have OS version & OS build, and a video of your issue?(system randomly crashes. I also use an external monitor plugged into HDMI. When the system crashes it displays a "Green Screen" which bears the hallmarks of a Video card problem.)
Thank you.