cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop G713QR issue

Alf-life
Level 7
Hello!
I'm having a problem with crashing games for 3 month.

Every games crashes after 3-30 min without any errors. It was on win10 as well as it's now on win1 I've updated all drivers and DirectX, Microsoft C++, Net framework 3.5&4.8, Direct Play .
During games no overheating. Virtual Memory is on.
Crashes are with CS GO, Far Cry 3-5, PUBG, Mafia II Remastered. Two things I find important: 1. After a month after purchase my laptop has lost RTX3070 and it could work only with integrated graphics. I had to reinstall chipset driver. 2. I also work with Premiere Pro and don't experience such problems.

The problem appeared instant after purchase and now I lost all hope to understand how to fix this issue.

Any thoughts?
73 REPLIES 73

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
May I double confirm you didn't open the laptop and only use the original ram and hard drive?
Do you still use bundled OS or install OS by yourself?
Do you mean cannot open nvidia control panel with Nvidia driver V27.21.14.6235?
Is OS version and OS build still Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.1288?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Alf-life,
May I double confirm you didn't open the laptop and only use the original ram and hard drive?
Do you still use bundled OS or install OS by yourself?
Do you mean cannot open nvidia control panel with Nvidia driver V27.21.14.6235?
Is OS version and OS build still Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.1288?
Thank you.

Hello Starrain!
I did not open the laptop and I'm not going to. All is origin and it has warranty.

I still use bundled OS updated to Win 11 home 10.0.22000.

The nvidia control panel crashes with driver from ASUS V27.21.14.6235. I have sent you a link on short video how it happens in DM. It's ok with the latest driver from nvidia v497.09

shaunboy wrote:
2021-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) installed yesterday and it hasn't crashed today. I will see during the rest of the week if the laptop crashes.

Thanks,

Same was with me. After I followed these instructions I was able to play up to 5-6h but then suddenly every game started to crush again. Maybe you get lucky.

Alf-life wrote:
Hello Starrain!
I did not open the laptop and I'm not going to. All is origin and it has warranty.

I still use bundled OS updated to Win 11 home 10.0.22000.

The nvidia control panel crashes with driver from ASUS V27.21.14.6235. I have sent you a link on short video how it happens in DM. It's ok with the latest driver from nvidia v497.09

Same was with me. After I followed these instructions I was able to play up to 5-6h but then suddenly every game started to crush again. Maybe you get lucky.

I just crashed again at 4:39pm ET.

Thanks,

This has started making me pretty angry. I opened GPU-Z. I put time into this after the final crash and I relalized on "turbo" mine doesn't appear to crash like it does in "perfomance" mode where there is a whole hardware lock. I started pushing 90 degrees on "performance" while doing the Shadow of the Tomb Raider bench. The fans simply were not spinning up to cool the processor in this mode.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Alf-life,
Thank you for your reply.
Did the nvidia control panel crash with driver V27.21.14.6235 after updated to win11?
After updated win11 21h2 22000.348(KB5007262), the games still crash within 5-30 mins? or you can play up to 5-6h?

In order to check with the clear conditions, please backup your personal files and then reset the system.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013064/
After reset the system, please follow the steps below to see if the game still crash within 5-30 mins and the nvidia control panel still crash.
1. Please make sure windows update all up to date.
2. Please enter update center to update Armoury Crate UWP V4.2.12.0. If there is any notice ask for restarting the device, please follow the notice to restart.
3. Please make sure iGPU mode in Armoury Crate is "turn off". Please don't select auto.
4. Please update NVIDIA Graphic Driver V27.21.14.6235 and AMD Graphics Driver V27.20.14044.4001 from our support site.
5. Please "only install one game" first and change game display from full screen to windowed mode.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Alf-life,
Thank you for your reply.
Did the nvidia control panel crash with driver V27.21.14.6235 after updated to win11?
After updated win11 21h2 22000.348(KB5007262), the games still crash within 5-30 mins? or you can play up to 5-6h?

In order to check with the clear conditions, please backup your personal files and then reset the system.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013064/
After reset the system, please follow the steps below to see if the game still crash within 5-30 mins and the nvidia control panel still crash.
1. Please make sure windows update all up to date.
2. Please enter update center to update Armoury Crate UWP V4.2.12.0. If there is any notice ask for restarting the device, please follow the notice to restart.
3. Please make sure iGPU mode in Armoury Crate is "turn off". Please don't select auto.
4. Please update NVIDIA Graphic Driver V27.21.14.6235 and AMD Graphics Driver V27.20.14044.4001 from our support site.
5. Please "only install one game" first and change game display from full screen to windowed mode.
Thank you.

Hi Starrain,
Nvidia control panel has started crashing since I updated chipset driver from 24/11/2021.

I made full reset 2 months ago. Then It was done in ASUS service a months ago. I don't believe the third reset will change something.
I've notice that I can play a much longer if video quality was set on low. We all know when you switch to Windowed mode it lows GPU performance. In this mode FPS droped by 10-15%. Plus I can't update to the latest drivers and play games with directX12.

All this made me think there is hardware problem which engineers don't know how to solve. I would like to claim a refund if there is no other solution except system reset.

instead of the regular freeze, I now have a windows blue screen and the windows logs show this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 (0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffb00820e5f920, 0xffff888b70ecfad0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9ec0b989-2561-438d-8a95-694d55470d6c.

Thanks,

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi shaunboy,
Did you see the error message in blue screen? Which games did you play while got blue screen?
After updated KB4023057, did system freeze or Starcraft 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider game crash? How long did you play the game and it crashed this time?
If it still occurs, may I have a video?
If the temperature get high in performance mode, please select turbo mode in gaming.

Have you opened the laptop and change or add ram and hard drive?
Do you use bundled OS or install OS by yourself?
Is the OS Windows 10 Version 21H2 19044.1387?
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi shaunboy,
After updated KB4023057, did system freeze or Starcraft 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider game crash? How long did you play the game and it crashed this time?
If the temperature get high in performance mode, please select turbo mode in gaming.

Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi shaunboy,

Thank you.

I am an I.T. technician with 16 years in the business. I did attempt to resolve by swapping out the ram after getting these errors but it did not resolve the issue. I can attempt to try a different HDD with a different windows version if it is believed to be an error with the stock Hynix drive. My Win version is below: