cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula MB issue

ketchumk9
Level 7
Hello, just built my new rig here and I'm having an issue I can't figure out. When the the tower turns on, it powers up and turns off, then turns on again. The tower stays powered however, the "Boot device" led stays on. During this the monitor does not turn on what so ever. I tried the ram, video card, HHD and SSD...Can someone please assist?

I5 4670k
Gskill ddr3 1600 12800
Samsung 840 pro 256
WD black HDD
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Hi ketchumk, power down your machine and clear the cmos, on the back of your pc on the motherboard is a green lighted button, hold this button in for a slow count of 3. Reboot and see if it is giving you an overclocking failed message. If so, what is it saying?

ketchumk9
Level 7
Nothing happend, the monitor is not coming on, only the "boot device" only. I've gone through this with a fine tooth comb and I'm at a dead end.

Nate152

ketchumk9
Level 7
Nothing....computer powers up and nothing, MB shows the LED "Boot device"

Nate152
If this is the first time you are starting it up, It will take a little while for it to boot up. It checks things and trains memory and such. if this is the case just let go for a bit. if it goes on past say 15 minutes then there is a problem. Shouldn't take that long though.

ketchumk9
Level 7
The monitor hasn't turn on at all, the tower powers up and shuts off and turns on and stays on with the "Boot device" LED...so I guess I will return it.

Nate152
If you think it could be a bad board, call tech support and they will have you set up an RMA.

Who knows, just arrived yesterday from Newegg. Thanks for the help.

Nate152