cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme + NVMe m2.2 Update bios 0811 to 1003 or 1101 impossible

Ghoosti
Level 7
Hello,
Having problems with my Gskill 6000 or Corsair 6200 memory, I try to update my bios but it fails. POST ERROR message (d6)
I noticed that the d6 appears after the DETECT HDD post, the ssd is a Samsung 980PRO SSD on M2.2.

Do you know why this is happening. 😞

Thanks for your help and advice
41 REPLIES 41

Nate152
It looks similar as you have to rename the bios file just as you would for bios flash back.

I've never used the crash free bios but according to the instructions (mainly step 5), when you boot up, it will read the bios file and automatically take you to EZ flash 3.

Nate152 wrote:
It looks similar as you have to rename the bios file just as you would for bios flash back.

I've never used the crash free bios but according to the instructions (mainly step 5), when you boot up, it will read the bios file and automatically take you to EZ flash 3.

Looks like the main difference between flash back and this one is with flash back you can do it without a cpu or memory or anything installed. Just power to the motherboard. A video I watched of Crash free in action shows it finding the file to flash and then erasing bios and programming it. This is followed by a reboot where you are prompted to go to bios. Now that might have been an older version of crash free.

Which is weird in my case, I used the Flas Back method and I can flash all bios (0231 / 0702 / 0803 / 0811) BUT not 1003 and 1101, so is there something different in these 2 bios compared to the others?

Ghoosti wrote:
Which is weird in my case, I used the Flas Back method and I can flash all bios (0231 / 0702 / 0803 / 0811) BUT not 1003 and 1101, so is there something different in these 2 bios compared to the others?

Any chance the files got corrupted beforehand?

Jimbo93 wrote:
Any chance the files got corrupted beforehand?

I tried the official file from the asus site
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios

et l'extraction avec Winrar

Ghoosti wrote:
I tried the official file from the asus site
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios

et l'extraction avec Winrar

Here is a suggestion you might try. Before flashing, set defaults except change the NVMe from default to the other option. So if it is VMD as default, set VMD off, or vice versa depending on what it is at default.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Here is a suggestion you might try. Before flashing, set defaults except change the NVMe from default to the other option. So if it is VMD as default, set VMD off, or vice versa depending on what it is at default.

I am currently with NVMe and VDM disabled

If I activate VDM PCIE, it offers me RAID?

Ghoosti wrote:
I am currently with NVMe and VDM disabled

If I activate VDM PCIE, it offers me RAID?

Only if you take steps to build it. might be a risk though.

Heres a better suggestion to try first. Flash it same way you have tried. But before restart, do a CMOS reset. Or have you tried that already?

Jimbo93 wrote:
Only if you take steps to build it. might be a risk though.

Heres a better suggestion to try first. Flash it same way you have tried. But before restart, do a CMOS reset. Or have you tried that already?

Yes

and just one more thing, you saw the name of the bios file should be made to MZ690E.CAP using the BIOSRenamer. This is per the 1003 information same link you have above.