cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus crosshair dark hero /5900x/ bios update question

Asryan
Level 10
Hi,

I'm still on bios 3801 on my board but because of some issues I might need to flash a new version, I read that some people are having serious issues with the 4201 and I guess I'll avoid it.

Which is the more recent and stable version then?

Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

Megascrypt
Level 7
I would run for as long is you can with this Bios update, at least 2-3 days unless issue will creep up before that. If its running flawlessly then it was Bios, if not, reinstall windows leaving the 4006 bios and again wait day or 2.
You are closer with troubleshooting today then you were yesterday.

Just curious,, what are your temps now at stock idle and load.

Asryan
Level 10
Idle around 40 but spiking a lot.

Just ran cb20 it was around 70. Nothing crazy but before I was using a custom power plan and I was at 35 when browsing with less spikes

Could It was just a bios issue?

Should I run some occt stress test?

When all is stable, should i redo my OC settings or try another way of tweaking it via fixed vcore for instance?

I don't care about score i just want to have something stable and without high temps

Are those clocks high for stock? I have pbo on auto but seems like it's enabled no?

Megascrypt
Level 7
Those temps are perfectly normal for 5000X/5950X and spikes are normal as well. Even on idle your CPU might spike to 1.520V on single core, that's the way AMD is design.
My 5950X on idle runs between 24C-30C and R23 10 min. 56C-60C

Megascrypt
Level 7
Those temps are perfectly normal for 5000X/5950X and spikes are normal as well. Even on idle your CPU might spike to 1.520V on single core, that's the way AMD is design.
My 5950X on idle runs between 24C-30C and R23 10 min. 56C-62C

I am not into overclocking, never was. The only thing I always do is load either XMP (intel )or D.O.C.P standard ( AMD) and enable ErP, that's it. PBO is always disable at stock (auto) means Off, so I always leave it. With such a fast hardware, in my opinion, there is n need to sqeeze more, I prefer my hardware to last me longer.

Asryan
Level 10
24/30??

I have a ryujin 2 with noctua a12x25 on it, top exhaust

3 a12x25 intake front
1 exhaust

You are on custom loop to have such low idle temps?

Also what are your bios settings?

Megascrypt
Level 7
I have NH-D15

Bios settings all at stock except what I mentioned in above post.

Megascrypt
Level 7
I run 12900k before this 5950X, its a day and night. I would not go back to 12900k even if you pay me, horrible temps and power draw is ridiculers and that comes from someone who was intel guy for over 50 years

5950X runs cooler then 5000X to begin with, so don't compare them to each other. Also NH-D 15 is a truly AIO compatible air cooler

Asryan
Level 10
How come are your temps so low? It's 24 in my room, cpu is sitting at 40c.

Can't find the post with your setting have to check it later.

I wonder if pbo and cpb are enabled by default on mine that could explain the temps

Megascrypt
Level 7
Although, don't compare 5950X to 5000X. 5950X runs cooler.