cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus crosshair dark hero /5900x/ bios update question

Asryan
Level 10
Hi,

I'm still on bios 3801 on my board but because of some issues I might need to flash a new version, I read that some people are having serious issues with the 4201 and I guess I'll avoid it.

Which is the more recent and stable version then?

Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

Asryan
Level 10
Really? That does not seem logical you have more cores

Megascrypt
Level 7
Maybe the new 5000X B2 Stepping runs cooler, remember I was telling you about that? but again you can compare your cooler to NH-D15

Megascrypt
Level 7
Here are my temps running R23 for 20 min and on idle cooling down in ambient 23C

Asryan
Level 10
Great temps and clocks.. And running stock I'm jealous

I looked above and can't manage to find back the settings you've talked about though

I just read this :
Does 5950X run hotter than 5900X?

The 5950X has slightly less power consumption than the 5900X when running on a standard clock. However, when overclocked, the 5950X will consume significantly more power than the 5900X. Hence, if not overclocked, the 5950X will run cooler, and when overclocked the 5900X will be cooler.

Megascrypt
Level 7
Thanks, but your temps are all good, just try to fix your issue and you are golden:)

Megascrypt
Level 7
I got to do some work. Wish you luck and I will check back later.
Good luck

Asryan
Level 10
Thanks again ! 🙂

Asryan
Level 10
I wonder if it's related to my AIO
I launched a game for testing and the screen of the Ryujin turned back to default settings.
I had an error prompt about one USB device which wasn't working and there was indeed a usb device marked yellow in the devices manager while the screen of the AIO turned black.
I switched the AIO to another USB header to see if it fixes it

Asryan
Level 10
Some updates 😃
I've flashed the 4006 bios and reinstalled windows.
I've f reset my OC settings as they were before and got rid of the custom power plan I was using to use the balanced one. Temps are a bit higher on idle but the same or even lower during gaming actually.
I changed the internal usb of the ryujin aio

All seems stable for few days, I've played for few hours and work for few days, no issues so far..

Asryan wrote:
Some updates 😃
I've flashed the 4006 bios and reinstalled windows.
I've f reset my OC settings as they were before and got rid of the custom power plan I was using to use the balanced one. Temps are a bit higher on idle but the same or even lower during gaming actually.
I changed the internal usb of the ryujin aio

All seems stable for few days, I've played for few hours and work for few days, no issues so far..

Nice to hear that. If you can, leave that for the next few days as this issue can develop within a week or so, I say leave it for additional 4-5 days and if you still stable, its the Bios 4201 that brakes things and needs to be avoided.

Good luck