cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Code video glitch..

Ravenbear
Level 7
I have looked this issue up online and in several places people were saying it was an issue with the motherboard. I just wanted to get an more accurate opinion.
I am running a i7 7700 with 2 Asus Nvidia 1080s, 32MB of RAM and water cooled. All the drivers are up to date as is the BIOS and it is not overclocked. Now that this out of the way. the problem is that it at times freezes videos and even those in cut scenes in games. The video freezes and the sound continues on after about a minute it is back to normal. It does with every browser I use and every game. In games it is in the cutscences not during game play. IS this the MB or drivers or both. I am new to playing with BIOS settings and have left those alone. Anyone got an idea on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this rather long post.
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Good to hear things are better.

Please list all drives connected to your pc and what type of drives they are, sata, pcie, M.2, USB and what drive the operating system is installed on.

Nate152 wrote:
Good to hear things are better.

Please list all drives connected to your pc and what type of drives they are, sata, pcie, M.2, USB and what drive the operating system is installed on.

It is still glitching at times but not like it was.. Here are my drives..
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)
3726GB Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 (SATA)
223GB Intel Optane+224GBSSD (RAID)
1863GB Seagate Desktop USB Device (USB (SATA))

It seems that it has lumped my scandisk SSD in with the Optane, the Optane it's self is 32gb and the Scandisk is 250 and is my boot drive..
I also ran a windows diagnostic scan on my RAM and it found no errors.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Ravenbear wrote:
I have looked this issue up online and in several places people were saying it was an issue with the motherboard. I just wanted to get an more accurate opinion.
I am running a i7 7700 with 2 Asus Nvidia 1080s, 32MB of RAM and water cooled. All the drivers are up to date as is the BIOS and it is not overclocked. Now that this out of the way. the problem is that it at times freezes videos and even those in cut scenes in games. The video freezes and the sound continues on after about a minute it is back to normal. It does with every browser I use and every game. In games it is in the cutscences not during game play. IS this the MB or drivers or both. I am new to playing with BIOS settings and have left those alone. Anyone got an idea on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this rather long post.

If the hanging is happening to videos only it’s likey some issue the GPU is having whilst decoding. Can you disable hardware acceleration features within your browser / video player of choice and see if the problem persists there?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Nate152
Ravenbear says it seems good so far except for the bios changing the boot order.

Mr__Fox
Level 12
I used to have issues with BIOS changes unrelated to the Boot Menu screwing with the boot order on my Maximus X Hero (WIFI AC) motherboard as well. Drove me nuts until I made it part of my routine to always stop on that menu and manually put them back how I wanted them before pressing F10. Never understood why, only that it was really stupid and made no sense whatsoever.
Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

Mr. Fox wrote:
I used to have issues with BIOS changes unrelated to the Boot Menu screwing with the boot order on my Maximus X Hero (WIFI AC) motherboard as well. Drove me nuts until I made it part of my routine to always stop on that menu and manually put them back how I wanted them before pressing F10. Never understood why, only that it was really stupid and made no sense whatsoever.

Glad to hear it just not me..

Nate152
Thank you

Try disconnecting the USB HDD and see if this keeps the boot order.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Try disconnecting the USB HDD and see if this keeps the boot order.

Will do..
Still get a video freeze seems to happen when I have to windows open and one is Facebook..

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I just install the new driver. the glish is there IF i use edge. On chrome, the glish will go away, as i test NOW, if hardware acceleration is disable. also i make some changes. that i will continue checking. I test on OC and stock. With memory XMP and a 5.0 mild and a full hard 5.0 1.40v and the scenarios are the same.

BE SURE! be aware

As i did observe, IF XTU IS INSTALL, the driver at install will FREEZE the windows task manager. AND the XTU can not be uninstall complete. I have to call a friend to manually take out the XTU. is 730am i need to sleep. 8 h testing all scenarios with 1080ti 1080 1060 with 2 systems and diferent all. with new drivers and stock drivers.

Netflix still flop

I will test all as soon i get over some sleep.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Update. video glisch is present on 1809 and nvidia drivers. My solution was wrong. I drop my 2 monitor 144hz to 120hz. with 1 monitor I have no issues. Monday I have a metting with MS to check some errors with asus program and see what we can do. and doible check my results since is impostible that 3 machines diferent hardware and same errors. but nvidia, even that are working. having 2 monitors with 144hz each cause a cluster F**** issues. I have testing 120hz and is doing ok for the moment. I have room full of montors and computers that I ask for these testing. on diferent HZ. ASUS I need more gear to test please. ASUS PANAMA sucks. for these
Learn, Play Enjoy!