Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game? [Battle #2]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
Winners for Battle #2 announced:
http://rog.asus.com/articles/events/rog-forum-battleground-battle-2-winners-announced/

The second battle has arrived and it’s a battle for everyone! It’s a simple question that we all have probably have thought about at some point in time, here’s the question: Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game?

This battle begins on November 24th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

The only limitation is that you can only include “two” game titles and not any more than that. No limitations on the genre of the game titles, so let your imaginations run wild! Simply post your two choices for the game titles and your explanation on why these two titles would make the perfect game.

Discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw!

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Name two titles you think would create the perfect game and also your explanation on why you think so. Only entries meeting this criteria will be counted as a qualified entry for the biweekly prize draw or grand prize draw
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 3 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 11th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
187 REPLIES 187

petar_popovac wrote:
for 3 reasons:

1. the movement of the character(Why for the love of god does GTA V guy need 3 meters of space to turn around?), parkour, climbing on buildings...

2. Fight ...it would be great if Rockstar put these things

3. Connect the history and the present... these two worlds in one map, everything would be turned like in a movie Doctor Strange hahaha 😄

Would you ROGers add something else?

question for Bahz: Is it okay to post pictures with text. like this?

I've been waiting for Assassin's Creed to reach the present day. Back when they kidnapped Desmond Miles and he was starting to learn some moves. I was so sure they're going to make a game where Desmond will be assassinating people in present time. It would have been a really good Assassin's Creed and GTA V world mix. Sadly, it seems like they're sticking with using the animus, plus spoiler alert, Desmond is already dead.

Nate152
Battlefield and the Sims?

Kinda sounds funny but what if battlefield multiplayer was more of a simulation like having to eat food to keep up your strength, having to clean your gun to keep it in top notch firing condition, giving coordinance for airdrops supplies, ammo, food. Day and night cycles and sleep with squads on watch, if you get wounded you get flown to the hospital, fixed up and flown back in.

No timed Team Death matches with 32/64 players it goes on infinite with an infinite number players like massive multiplayer, would have to work on objectives. To top it off make it so you could play it on your monitor as well as in virtual reality.

Nate152 wrote:

Kinda sounds funny but what if battlefield multiplayer was more of a simulation like having to eat food to keep up your strength, having to clean your gun to keep it in top notch firing condition, giving coordinance for airdrops supplies, ammo, food. Day and night cycles and sleep with squads on watch, if you get wounded you get flown to the hospital, fixed up and flown back in.

No timed Team Death matches with 32/64 players it goes on infinite with an infinite number players like massive multiplayer, would have to work on objectives. To top it off make it so you could play it on your monitor as well as in virtual reality.

The sims, and arma, building houses and loving your family one day, to be shipped off to the front lines of some godless nation full of people yelling obscenities at you all the while trying to shoot you.

After a day of work you return home in a car, even though you experienced an entire conflict, only 8 hours have passed. You arrive at your door to find your wife with the neighbour, naked, doing the twist, this is sims, this is war.

Nate152 wrote:

So like a real life simulation of someone going to war? This is a pretty interesting idea. This is going to be a bit slow paced and have a bit less action but it's definitely going to feel more realistic. The character should also have stats, like their accuracy (or critical rate) can increase over time as they get sent to a lot of training and battles. I think one annoying thing would be one of my biggest pet peeve on sims games: when my character gets old and dies. Unless of course you add Ambrosia in this game haha, but that would make it slightly less realistic.

ShikelGr
Level 10
Sniper Elite+Diablo. I know that such a combo is pretty weird, but actually it's not about the subject. Imagine a game, in which you can switch between 1st person, 3rd person and isometric view. It's not about the gameplay at this point, but maybe a new genre/sub-genre in the industry. You can play the way you like.
Here is another idea -Chivalry ft. Total War. You lead your armies to the battlefield, compose and regroup them. Then, in the heat of the battle, you pick ANY unit and play like an fps game from now. How that sounds? Pretty innovative as for me.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

ShikelGr wrote:
Sniper Elite+Diablo. I know that such a combo is pretty weird, but actually it's not about the subject. Imagine a game, in which you can switch between 1st person, 3rd person and isometric view. It's not about the gameplay at this point, but maybe a new genre/sub-genre in the industry. You can play the way you like.
Here is another idea -Chivalry ft. Total War. You lead your armies to the battlefield, compose and regroup them. Then, in the heat of the battle, you pick ANY unit and play like an fps game from now. How that sounds? Pretty innovative as for me.

Game engine from Borderlands 2, but the loot system and perhaps even the skills system from Diablo 2 (obviously with guns and gun skills, not actual Diablo 2 loot).
You'd also have to change the damage formulas to be more like Diablo 2 (to be more balanced from level to level, especially since items don't get any more powerful in D2 from level to level), but my main complaint with BL2 was always that the loot system felt weak, and I know many others complained about the superficial skills that barely changed anything about how you played

the Tomb Raider and Uncharted

I play both games... I would love to see Lara to team-up with Nathan Drake in a one fantastic game to treasure hunting. That game would been more strategic,more brutal, more fun, more exciting... Graphics great. What a great story it could be, and amazing action (THAT ACTION IN ONE GAME:rolleyes:)...

It would be a very different experience with this game, WOOOW BLOW MIND! Please Naughty Dog and Square Enix If you see this post, make this game 😄

Pictures source: http://astrayal.deviantart.com/favourites/46312666/Tomb-Raider-Uncharted

Bahz
Level 12
It's really great to see the variety of different combinations that everyone has come up with.

For me I've always been an ARPG fan but with most of the ARPGs like D2, there's so much grind and once you get to the end game, there's little left to do other than PVP.

I've always dreamed of having a game like D2 where you can level up your character and then for end game you could use your character with customized skill build and unique equipment to battle it out in MOBA style like Heroes of the Storm, where you don't need to buy equipment. Of course some people will question about it being unfair if a maxed out level character will have big advantage over a lower level player with crappier equipment. They pretty much need to work out the mechanics to make it very balanced and for the higher level players, just for the effort they put into their characters, they should get a max of 5-10% advantage over the lower level players. Pretty much it would still be a 90% skill required game where a lower level player with better skill can still beat a higher level player. Also if they can also add in other mini games like king of the hill, it would make all the grind worth it.

Bahz wrote:
It's really great to see the variety of different combinations that everyone has come up with.

For me I've always been an ARPG fan but with most of the ARPGs like D2, there's so much grind and once you get to the end game, there's little left to do other than PVP.

I've always dreamed of having a game like D2 where you can level up your character and then for end game you could use your character with customized skill build and unique equipment to battle it out in MOBA style like Heroes of the Storm, where you don't need to buy equipment. Of course some people will question about it being unfair if a maxed out level character will have big advantage over a lower level player with crappier equipment. They pretty much need to work out the mechanics to make it very balanced and for the higher level players, just for the effort they put into their characters, they should get a max of 5-10% advantage over the lower level players. Pretty much it would still be a 90% skill required game where a lower level player with better skill can still beat a higher level player. Also if they can also add in other mini games like king of the hill, it would make all the grind worth it.

Basically like, you want your Diablo character to be sent and be playable on an arena of a MOBA? That's pretty cool. This combination also means that you can choose from many characters to play on the ARPG world. I would really love that since it has always bothered me how I can only select from a handful of classes when playing Diablo. It shouldn't be that hard to balance the MOBA aspect, they can just group players depending on their levels. Or make it so that each item has a "value system", so people with rare op items can be grouped together.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
No One Lives Forever and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

😄