cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Armoury Crate v4.2.5

Core Service Updates:
Armoury Crate Service v4.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.2.8
ROG Live Service v1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.18
AuraLayerManager(AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.18

New Features
Added AniMe Matrix Editor multi-device support
Added FanXpert feature for Motherboard device type
Added "ROG CITATEL XV" direct link to "Recommended"
Compatibility for Windows 11

Bug Fixes & Enhancements:
Fixed system suspend/resume lighting effect frozen issue
Fixed Dashboard CPU usage bug
Fixed low frequency service crash issue
Fieed G-Skill DRAM Aura Sync issue
Fixed Bluetooth headset connection bug
Optimized component update process & Fix update failed issues
Enhanced GUI layout and UI interactive behavior

Newly Supported Models:
[Mouse] TUF GAMING MOUSE X KIMETSU NO YAIBA
[Headset] TUF GAMING H1 WIRELESS
[Webcam] ROG EYE S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

When reporting a new issue, include the following info:
1. Clear description of your issue
2. PC / Laptop
3. Aura Sync products
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
5. Wired / wireless connection
6. Reinstalled Windows?
7. Windows version & build
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

NEW - When your issue has already been reported
To make reporting easier for you, if you see another member post the same issue you are experiencing:
1. Simply reply and add your name at the bottom of the post. (If someone else has already replied, then reply to that post and add your name to the list)
2. Record and generate a log.
3. Private message me and include the following:
a. The post link at the top right of your post (copy and paste the link)
b. Link to your log file stored in cloud, and screenshots if any.
c. Service version info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

This notification should only pop up once after the driver is installed. You would have to uninstall your device drivers repeatedly to be seeing them on a regular basis. Is this not the case with you? When do you usually see the notification?

nbtc971 wrote:
With all due respect, I don't want this popping up on my screen. I sit down at my computer today and this is on my desktop. I tried Armoury Crate when it first came out and it wrecked my system. I spent a long time clearing it from every nook and cranny. It sounds like at this stage, it can still cause issues and I don't want to go through that again. Asus needs to stop pushing their software so aggressively.

Jimbo93
Level 12
- Starting with 2nd reboot after installation, AsusFanControl service crashes every time I boot it. Occasionally the ArmourySocketServer also crashes on boot. They both restart and the software is functional. I tuned the fans with AI Suite 3, right now neither AC nor AI Suite 3 reads the fan speed on GPU but it has been detected it in the past week. Since then I reinstalled the software. EDIT: AI SUITE 3 Reads and controls GPU fan, apparently in standard mode fan profile and auto it can go to 0 RPM. I changed it to Smart mode and it stays spinning.
2. PC / Laptop
- ABS Master Gaming PC (Brand new)
3. Aura Sync products
- Came with TUF M1 Mouse and TUF K1 Keyboard and Asus Prime B560M-A -AC Motherboard, more details below
- Please see full list of devices that AC reports below.
- Network Wifi. Everything else is wired.
6. Reinstalled Windows?
- No but I spent a week tweaking it with all my powers. And reinstalled AC about 5 times. Last reinstall was really smooth, thought I licked it. Windows was preinstalled, Drivers preinstalled, Asus software was installed after first boot.
- Home 10.0.19043
- nada
- No, only affects logs, although I suspect there are less obvious ramifications to performance. WMI log is slam full of errors. That isn't normal imho.
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

More system info
ABS Master Gaming PC - Intel i5 10400F - ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB - G.Skill Ripjaw V 16GB DDR4 3200MHz - 512GB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.36
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.11
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.3.1
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.11
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.8
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.14
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.13.0

Working on the logs, You should see a PM within the hour. Thanks.ImageImageImageImage90195901949019390196

Jimbo93 wrote:
- Starting with 2nd reboot after installation, AsusFanControl service crashes every time I boot it. Occasionally the ArmourySocketServer also crashes on boot. They both restart and the software is functional. I tuned the fans with AI Suite 3, right now neither AC nor AI Suite 3 reads the fan speed on GPU but it has been detected it in the past week. Since then I reinstalled the software. EDIT: AI SUITE 3 Reads and controls GPU fan, apparently in standard mode fan profile and auto it can go to 0 RPM. I changed it to Smart mode and it stays spinning.
2. PC / Laptop
- ABS Master Gaming PC (Brand new)
3. Aura Sync products
- Came with TUF M1 Mouse and TUF K1 Keyboard and Asus Prime B560M-A -AC Motherboard, more details below
- Please see full list of devices that AC reports below.
- Network Wifi. Everything else is wired.
6. Reinstalled Windows?
- No but I spent a week tweaking it with all my powers. And reinstalled AC about 5 times. Last reinstall was really smooth, thought I licked it. Windows was preinstalled, Drivers preinstalled, Asus software was installed after first boot.
- Home 10.0.19043
- nada
- No, only affects logs, although I suspect there are less obvious ramifications to performance. WMI log is slam full of errors. That isn't normal imho.

More system info
ABS Master Gaming PC - Intel i5 10400F - ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB - G.Skill Ripjaw V 16GB DDR4 3200MHz - 512GB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.10
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.36
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.11
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.3.1
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.11
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.8
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.14
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.13.0

Working on the logs, You should see a PM within the hour. Thanks.ImageImageImageImage90195901949019390196

I am having similar issue with the fan control:

1. Clear description of your issue APPCRASH:AsusFanControlService.exe - constantly on every boot/shutdown since upgrade to 4.2.5.0
2. PC
3. Aura Sync products: everything
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software - EVGA 3090 FTW3 on EKWB, using Aura
5. Wired
6. Reinstalled Windows - not lately
7. Windows version & build - latest
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - so far, it hasn't worked properly since inception... always been something. Kinda like my back... fix one spot, another fails.
9. Any screenshots of the issue - see below

Source
ASUS Motherboard Fan Control Service

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎10/‎11/‎2021 12:28 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\2.01.11\AsusFanControlService.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 610b8c15
Fault Module Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 610b8c15
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003ca97
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2beb
Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3: 2704
Additional Information 4: 2704cf3fcf1675f82da28cd79d295168

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 64352d149ab4f8a4f25e890a8d96ba37 (1323646018911648311)

NOTE: Can't seem to upload log

TSportM
Level 11
Hello

light service is using alot of cpu power, you guys need to overall this app its fixes new bugs on updates but brings alot more

a revised app for windows 11 should be released

cheers
Rig1 - 14900KS - P112 - E88- MC86- Pcore 6.0/6.2/6.3 Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme - Ecores 4.7 - 48GB TForce 7200#64;7400ddr5 - MSI Suprim X RTX 4090@3070mhz - 24gb memory speed - Powerby corsair Ax1500i - Corsair1000d@custom Loop Rig2- 10920X@4.9 - Aorus X299 gaming 9 - gskill 3200@3600 - Zotac RTX 2080Ti - Powerby CM1200 - Noctua NHD15 black - Corsair 900D

Jimbo93
Level 12

Hello,

So, I have found it necessary to manually clean out files, services, and registry entries for both Asus Suite 3 and Armoury Crate before reinstalling. Otherwise the motherboard isn't detected during installations of both and the install fails miserably. It would be nice if there was a tool or tools that actually did the removal well for both programs.

If I install Asus Suite 3 but not Armoury Crate, using the standalone AI installer, the AsusFanControlService does not crash on boot at least not the 4 reboots I performed in that config. If I then install Armoury Crate and leaving Asus Suite 3 installed, the installation goes perfectly, and the programs both work as intended as far as I tell, but the crashing of services on boot will definitely happen, might take a 2 reboots before it happens, but once it starts it never stops . Even if I then disable all the Armoury Crate services and tasks and just leave the Asus Suite 3 stuff on, the fan control service still crashes. But it isn't noticeably effecting me using it. Probably should be benchmarked to really know. I haven't even gamed on this thing yet.

The reason I am adding this is to show that it doesn't matter which program is installed first. Hope it helps I have spent way more time on this than I intended.

Jim

Chrizzy
Level 7
Issue: ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe causing WMI Provider Host to eat up CPU
See attached image.

Happened after updating Crate..
Not sure how to fix?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Updated:
Please note that Armoury Crate V4.2.12.0 has been released. After a discussion, it will not be considered a significant update. Therefore this thread
will continue until the next major release, so no new thread will be created.

Key changes and fixes concern mainly AniMe Matrix and GUI updates.

There used to be an option in Device>Motherboard which allowed user to change the number of addressable strip LEDs.
The default setting is 120 and I want to set it to 16; however, I can't find the option anymore after updating Armoury Crate to the leatest version (as shown below).
I have tried to edit the value directly in the LastProfile.xml but it didn't work. it's because Armoury Crate will overwrite everything I changed.
Is this a bug or the feature got removed? Please let me know, thanks.

BIOS: 4201

I just did a fresh install to windows 11 this weekend and updated all of my software. My Ryujin and Livedash used to have the option to display stuff about my GPU, but now the only options are for CPU. Was this a change in software, perhaps a bug or is something wrong?

Maximus X Formula
i9-9900k
EVGA 2080Ti FTW3

I know I don't have an Asus card, but it worked before without issue and all of my other monitoring software picks up the GPU sensors without issue.
Currently Piecing Together New Build
CPU: Intel i5 4760K
GPU: 2x GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GTX 760 4GB
RAM: G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 19200MHz
Motherboard: waiting for Newegg to restock the Maximus VI Formula!
Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M2 RS720
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB
HDD: Undecided
Cooling Solution: Corsair H110