cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix B650E-E - Windows loading issues

Theroty
Level 7
I am having an issue with my newly installed Strix B650e-e AM5 board. I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else is having this issue. I will list the PC specs below after this. After POST, Windows begins to load but everything just freezes, and I have to reset the PC. After doing this three times and getting the Windows Auto repair, I will tell it to continue on to Windows and it will boot normally. There are a few things I will be trying later today after work for troubleshooting, but I just wanted to see if anyone else is having a similar issue. Thanks!

Windows 11 Pro
Ryzen 7700x
Strix B650E-E
Gskill Flare 5600 2 x 16gb(using EXPO profile 1)
Zotac 3080ti
Corsair RMi 750w

Edit: I have found a post that is stating that some of the RAM sub voltages need to be tweaked a bit in order for the memory to be 100% stable past 5200. This may be one of the tweaks I try later today.
6 REPLIES 6

Jingojack1907
Level 7
Theroty wrote:
I am having an issue with my newly installed Strix B650e-e AM5 board. I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else is having this issue. I will list the PC specs below after this. After POST, Windows begins to load but everything just freezes, and I have to reset the PC. After doing this three times and getting the Windows Auto repair, I will tell it to continue on to Windows and it will boot normally. There are a few things I will be trying later today after work for troubleshooting, but I just wanted to see if anyone else is having a similar issue. Thanks!

Windows 11 Pro
Ryzen 7700x
Strix B650E-E
Gskill Flare 5600 2 x 16gb(using EXPO profile 1)
Zotac 3080ti
Corsair RMi 750w

Edit: I have found a post that is stating that some of the RAM sub voltages need to be tweaked a bit in order for the memory to be 100% stable past 5200. This may be one of the tweaks I try later today.

Have the same issue i was resetting the bios after that was working but another problem is if i start my pc the mb boots to slow and when its starting to boot than is booting very fast only the starting takes so long if i get screen than its booting very fast sry for my good englisch 😃

Theroty
Level 7
My problem may be resolved. It may be too early to tell at the moment, but I will cross my fingers. It has been quite some time since I used a CPU that had I-GPU. The correct AMD video driver was not loaded for the IGPU on my Ryzen 7700x. There was a conflict in device manager. After installing the driver only from the AMD Adrenalaine package, the problem hasn't happened anymore. I will report back if I have more issues.

Theroty
Level 7
The problem is not resolved yet. A new BIOS was released today. I will be trying that.

Did you find a solution for this?

I've been having a similar issue with a Strix B650E-F where if I enter the BIOS, make changes and then boot into Windows it will lag heavily or freeze.

Neither updating the BIOS or reinstalling the OS seems to make a difference. I also ran CHKDSK on my C: drive and ran Memtest86 on my RAM with no errors reported. I'm out of ideas for troubleshooting this aside from just returning this motherboard for a different one.

Headcloud
Level 7
Try disabling fast boot in the bios

Headcloud wrote:
Try disabling fast boot in the bios

I've tried this a few times. Makes no difference.