cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Flickering

OzanakÄ_n
Level 7
The flicker itself covers the entire top side of the screen from left to right and its about 2-3cm in height. its happen when g-sync ON. And I RMA my previous monitor for thıs issue.

And finally my second monitor come. and the top of the monitor filickering again same problem with the previous one. This one has little blb and no dead pixel and scanlines. but top of the screen flickering adn gysync demo here its the video. should I rma again. ı can not see this in games but is this a problem of panel ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTbCYfMnzAM
12 REPLIES 12

I just bought the PG349Q and spent an hour trouble shooting the top 4 fifths of the screen flickering.
It only does it on 120Hz in the monitors menu, lowering Hz in Nividea control panel didn't help at all. Lowering the refresh rate to 115Hz in the monitors menu seems to of completely removed it. Still not pleased though, I wanted a 120Hz monitor not a 115Hz one.

Batesy888 wrote:
I just bought the PG349Q and spent an hour trouble shooting the top 4 fifths of the screen flickering.
It only does it on 120Hz in the monitors menu, lowering Hz in Nividea control panel didn't help at all. Lowering the refresh rate to 115Hz in the monitors menu seems to of completely removed it. Still not pleased though, I wanted a 120Hz monitor not a 115Hz one.

Strangely I've noticed some flickering just recently, I might have missed it in the past. Since I was not really using such applications with such color like now. Installed Ableton Live 10 Trial and the whole Grey background seems flickering when this app is on the screen. I didn't check yet but I should check if I add the same grey color to desktop would the screen flicker?

Also read that gsync is damaged and thats one reason why these screens are flicker. Post: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/253405/eta-for-g-sync-flicker-fix/

If it flickers what should I do, is this a general issue, or its a damaged product and Asus should replace the screen?

I have a PG348Q with this same problem. I seem to have stopped it by turning off Game Bar in Windows - however this also seems to break the in-monitor FPS counter - it just stays on 100. Re-enabling Game Bar fixes the FPS counter but also brings back the flicker.

It seems like G-Sync is still working with the Game Bar off - at least I'm not getting the same screen tearing that I was getting when I fixed the flicker by disabling G-Sync.