cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM not posting, not booting, fans dont spin keyboard doesnt light up.

ViciousTech
Level 7
My G750JM is not turning on at all the power light is the only thing lighting up nothing else not even the power button. Fans dont spin hdd doesnt spin. It stopped working after I upgraded to windows 10 and started messing with the bios I enabled fast boot. I tried everything with cmos battery and so on. When I shorted the JRST2001 pins it started to cycle boot 3 times but when I shorted JRST2002 it bricked my whole laptop I mean it made it to where nothing will come alive except the power light and charging light. I am thinking about just replacing the bios chip, is this something I should do?
2 REPLIES 2

NLAIV
Level 7
You said that the only life signs were power and charging lights? Sounds similar to what happened to my JW. I don't know which chip on the mobo is the bios one and wheter it's changeable, so I replaced whole board. Now I am searching a way to flash right bios so that the GPU could be detected by the system. From what I have read, RoG G750j series models share nearby all internal components except GPU, if that makes it easier to find replacement parts.

I have replaced bios chip that didnt work! Now I dont know what to do....... I did find that the southbridge chip does get really really hot when the system isnt even turned on. It gets hot when I put the power cord in.