Legeon123
Level 7

sdmf74
Level 11
There are some great looking systems on here! Here is mine:

ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I love everything Case Labs has ever made, and you've done their box justice.

Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
I love everything Case Labs has ever made, and you've done their box justice.

Z

Thanx man thats a huge compliment. I love their cases too and although they are pricey I dont think I can afford to own anything but caselabs from now on. Not after owning 3 corsair cases, All needed upgraded because they are terrible. Could have saved alot of money buying CL from the start.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sarkarshomit
Level 7
Waited almost two to three years to fulfill my dream of building a monstrous PC...finally its done

Here are the specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4930K
MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
GFX: Zotac GTX Titan Black 6GB DDR5
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black
HDD2: 2TB WD Caviar Blue
CPU Water Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240
Cabinet: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 8GBX4 1866
Monitor: ASUS MX239H
KB: Logitech G19
Mouse: Logitech G9x
Headset: Steelseries 7H Headset-Fnatic Version
Extra cabling: NZXT Starter Kit
OPT Drive: ASUS 24x DVD RW Green
Additional Peripheral: NZXT LED Hue Controller

Pics are uploaded here:
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/HYWXsY

abvolt
Level 11
very cool builds guys..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

KeyboardDemon
Level 7
Here's my current build, though I'm looking at upgrading my SSD and HDDs as the next phase in my build.

i7 3770k + Corsair H80
Asus Sabretooth Z77
8gb Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz)
250Gb Samsung 840 Series SSD + 2x 500Gb Seagate HDDs
EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked with Active Cooling Extreme
OCZ Fatality 750watt
Silverstone RV03
Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)
Asus Swift PG278Q

DeathRabit
Level 7
My cheap Rig

CPU: AMD Althon X4 740 @4,48Ghz
Stepping: 1
Revision TN-A1
Frequency: 4477Mhz
Ref* Mulitiplier: 139.85 * 32 ( Under Bios is 140)
CPU Voltage: 1.525v
NB Frequency: 2238.8Mhz
NB-Volts- + 0,08V
RAM: 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3 CL8 @ 1.65V ( Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A )
Motherboard: Asus A88XM-A
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 1GB GDDR5 OC
Cooling: Air Cooling/ CPU Cooler Master Hyper TX2 + AAB Cooling Thermal Grease 2 Max Temp 56C
O.S. : Win 7 Home 64bit

CPU-Z not read correctly CPU TEMP

http://valid.x86.fr/0g6i3j

Any way I not try more because:
First this is limit of my Motherboard 😕
Second My ram finally reach 1866Mhz * Max Supported by this CPU
http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=30870038727

On full load OCCT + Furmak rig drawing 280W in Games 180-210W in Web browsing 65-90W 🙂

DeathRabit wrote:
My cheap Rig

CPU: AMD Althon X4 740 @4,48Ghz
Stepping: 1
Revision TN-A1
Frequency: 4477Mhz
Ref* Mulitiplier: 139.85 * 32 ( Under Bios is 140)
CPU Voltage: 1.525v
NB Frequency: 2238.8Mhz
NB-Volts- + 0,08V
RAM: 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3 CL8 @ 1.65V ( Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A )
Motherboard: Asus A88XM-A
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 1GB GDDR5 OC
Cooling: Air Cooling/ CPU Cooler Master Hyper TX2 + AAB Cooling Thermal Grease 2 Max Temp 56C
O.S. : Win 7 Home 64bit

CPU-Z not read correctly CPU TEMP

http://valid.x86.fr/0g6i3j

Any way I not try more because:
First this is limit of my Motherboard 😕
Second My ram finally reach 1866Mhz * Max Supported by this CPU
http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=30870038727

On full load OCCT + Furmak rig drawing 280W in Games 180-210W in Web browsing 65-90W 🙂

After adding heat sinks on motherboard Power section, power quality improve and I drop Vcore to 1.45
I currently waiting for answer from ASUS support how pass FSB and ram Voltage lock on this mobo 😉
45265 4526645267

BACKGROUND:
THIS IS MY FIRST EVER BUILD. I've never built a computer before and I figured if I was going to do it, I might as well go big. I managed to buy everything I wanted in about 2 weeks after hatching this brilliant idea. Slight OCD has taken its toll on me too. I had to research every little detail and when I finally started putting it together, I spent 6 hours planning the cable routing with wire ties. When I was sure it was good enough, I spent another 6 hours using color coordinated zip ties tying everything in place and making sure it was just right. It's OK, but I think it could be better. Some of the cabling on the back bugs me but that's more of the fact my case is lacking in adequate tie downs. I realize it's not amazing like most of the modded ones I see here, but it's my first. I'll work up to it. 🙂

The only thing that I am now struggling with is a keyboard and mouse. I think I've decided on Corsair's K70/M65, but I'm sure I'll change my mind six more times before settling on something.

ABOUT ME:
I am a designer so during the day I do 3D modeling and rendering. At night I enjoy engaging in epic battles, winning races and shutting down North Korea so I figured I would put something together that could encompass all of the above with little effort.

ABOUT COMPUTER:
CPU:
I wanted to try overclocking. The i7 K series seems like a perfect test subject, especially with what I do.

CPU COOLER:
I wanted to do water cooling but I settled on this. I liked the fact it was a 360mm radiator and that its different than what everyone else goes with. I dunno, I could have gone with your standard 240mm but whatever.

MOTHERBOARD:
Um, hello, have you seen this thing?! It's sexy. It's beauty AND beast. The first time I saw it I knew I would end up buying it even though I could have gotten away with something cheaper. Some say it's a vanity board, I say I'm OK with that. What really hooked me was the fact it allowed for water cooling and that was my original intentions. Those ports are just calling out to me...

MEMORY:
Research told me over and over again this is by far the best memory available right now. It looks great and I figured no sense in going cheap here. For what I do, 32GB is probably average and overkill for everything else. I originally planned on 4x4GB but was talked in to getting 8GB sticks to have room for upgrade. My OCD didn't allow me to just buy 2x8GB because then I would have 2 empty slots on my motherboard and that would bother me, so I just went ahead and upgraded to 4x8GB.

STORAGE:
I just purchased the 530 a week prior to this build for my other computer. I figured since I was building new I would use it in this one for now. I am planning on upgrading to the 850 EVO once I figure out which keyboard/mouse I'm going to use. Since I have a 4TB external, I don't need much else so I threw in a WD Blue 1TB for storage.

VIDEO CARD:
I knew I was going to SLI but I didn't know which cards. Since I had an ASUS board, I figured I would look at their cards. The 970 was nice, good reviews, easy to OC a little but wasn't my first choice. While doing my research I came across the Poseidon series and was drooling over the 980. Like my motherboard, it would make water cooling very easy, however it wasn't out and at the time there was no release date. I think I cried myself to sleep that night. I sucked it up and after trying three different times I was finally able to buy a couple 970's before they were instantly sold out again. Now that the 980 Poseidon is out, I can't stop thinking how 2 of those would have looked. 🙂

CASE:
Probably the one thing I would change. I saw this case awhile ago and I liked it. When I decided on building a computer, it was the first thing I bought. After doing a little research, I see there are some really, really nice cases out there. Don't get me wrong, I still love this case, but for example, have you see the In Win Tou?!!? It's a work of art and my next computer is going to use that case if they still have them. The other thing I have to say is NCIXUS was the only company that had the HAF-X in stock so I bought it from them. Like I said, it was the first thing I purchased...and the last thing to arrive. It took a week to verify and another week to get shipped out. When I did get confirmation it was finally being shipped, I had made a purchase that same day from Newegg for my graphics cards and those arrived 3 days before my case did, even though they were shipped from the same city (Industry, CA - and I'm in CA). I can honestly say I won't be making any additional purchases from them.

POWER SUPPLY:
I was talked in to going with a EVGA 1000w. After doing my research I'm glad I did. Hello, 10 year warranty, completely modular and not to mention the cables matched my growing theme. Based on the pictures though I thought it would have a rough texture to it but it's actually quite nice. Probably a little more than I wanted to spend on a PSU and probably could have gotten away with an 850w but again, whatever. I have room to grow.

MONITOR:
Here is where I'm lacking. I currently have a single 32" Vizio smart tv as my monitor. I had purchased it before realizing there was a difference. I mean, it does look good, but not great. Since then I have done a far amount of research and I have seen the error in my ways. I'm still struggling to decide which would work best for what I do but I do know I am going back to a 3 monitor setup. I'm just not sure if 4K, 1440p, or 144hz would best suit my tastes. Yes I know, I have been looking at the ROG Swift.

CASE FANS:
I saw these and just liked them. Classy, cool, good reviews and matched my scheme. I was originally planning on doing a push-pull setup on my CPU radiator but read you gain nothing but additional noise so now I have 3 extra SP120's sitting here. I also swapped out the rear 140mm for the Corsair AF140. These fans are stupid quiet. I seriously cannot even tell my computer is on. Dead silence 90% of the time and I even have the fan controller set to turbo.

HEADPHONES: My girlfriend bought these for me last year for Christmas. I like them a lot. I rarely use headphones as I prefer to use speakers but I'll use them late at night after everyone is sleeping so no one knows I'm trying to take over the world.

CUSTOM:
ROG FRONT BASE:
Over-priced glorified fan controller but it looks so darn cool. I love racing and it just matches me. It's functional too. I am still learning how to fully use it, but it's really great for keeping an eye on my temperatures and clock speed while steadily working up my overclocking.

DEMCIFLEX FILTER SET:
Magnetic 7 piece set for the HAF-X case. I purchased these from FrozenCPU and both the DEMCiflex and FrozenCPU website stated they were a 5 piece kit, however I received 7 pieces. These are quality and highly recommended for everyone. Sure they are a little expensive, but worth every dollar to keep dust, dirt and cat hair out of your system. I can't say enough about how great these are. I'm confused though, why do I need filters on exhaust fans? If there was some dust in my computer, wouldn't I want it to escape rather than be trapped inside by the filter?

I've just started overclocking but I've ran a couple tests to see how it's doing. I'm running at a very stable 4.7 and have recently bumped it up to 4.8. I haven't had much time to going so I'm not sure how much higher it can go. I have my graphics cards slightly overclocked and will work on those after I'm done with the CPU. Taking things slow since this is all new to me.

BENCHMARKING: 1/1/2015
3D MARK11 FIRESTRIKE: 18139 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3655257
VALLEY BENCHMARK: 6010

*Sorry, don't know how to rotate the pictures. I love my ASUS setup and proud of my first build so please critique away - good or bad. 🙂

45075 Image 45061 45062 45063 45064 45065 45066 45067 45068 45069 45070 45071 45072 45073 45074 45076