cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Program to manage driver updates?

Cody_Bishko
Level 7
Hi Guys!

I was just wondering - I have an Asus G73JW and I've seen several programs that promise to keep your drivers up to date... I usually do updates manually, but do any of you use one of these apps for it, and which would you recommend?

I'm not sure I trust them enough to let some app manage this for me w/o screwing up my computer. Even if I at least had a computer that would notify me that there is a new update, that would be awesome!

Thanks,
Cody
7 REPLIES 7

kkn
Level 14
try and post in the notebook section.
if its a notebook question

kkn wrote:
try and post in the notebook section.
if its a notebook question

It's a general hardware question, I'm not asking specifically for my laptop, or even specifically an Asus branded product - I was asking what could be used to safely update all drivers semi-automatically?

lenehan
Level 10
Before it move to another section. In shor, my suggest to upadate manually. You gain control what update you need.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Cody Bishko wrote:
Hi Guys!

I was just wondering - I have an Asus G73JW and I've seen several programs that promise to keep your drivers up to date... I usually do updates manually, but do any of you use one of these apps for it, and which would you recommend?

I'm not sure I trust them enough to let some app manage this for me w/o screwing up my computer. Even if I at least had a computer that would notify me that there is a new update, that would be awesome!

Thanks,
Cody

I believe ASUS AI Suite II is the application you are seeking 🙂 should have been installed on your Laptop when you set it up, if not go to the ASUS website and look up the installer for it.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
I believe ASUS AI Suite II is the application you are seeking 🙂 should have been installed on your Laptop when you set it up, if not go to the ASUS website and look up the installer for it.

Thanks, I used to use the AI suite before I did a clean, OEM wipe of my laptop - but back then it wouldn't update drivers at all- it would have three year old drivers in the database and I ended up having to upgrade everything manually anyways... Any other suggestions?

Myk SilentShadow wrote:

Thanks, I used to use the AI suite before I did a clean, OEM wipe of my laptop - but back then it wouldn't update drivers at all- it would have three year old drivers in the database and I ended up having to upgrade everything manually anyways... Any other suggestions?

HiVizMan
Level 40
My view is that the best way to do things, is like this.

Only update anything, driver BIOS or what ever when you absolutely need to, or are fixing a problem. I see what to many folks unhappy that something that worked just fine is now not working or has messed up some other application after a update.

But to answer your question. 🙂

There are a number commercial applications that do exactly what you are waning. You pay for them of course but some might just be worth the effort and cost.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.