cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA SYNC 1.07.35 [Report any issues here]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Aura Sync version 1.07.35 is now available.
Download here:
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/au/download.html

Release notes:
- Improved support for RTX graphics cards
- Implemented the option to disable in-game lighting effects for Call of Duty Black Ops 4
- ROG Delta headset auto-sync disabled in Aura - no longer necessary to unsync before loading Armoury II.
- Conflict with LiveDash resolved
- Fixed security vulnerabilities

If you experienced installation issues previously, please follow the procedure below:
- Make sure you have updated the firmware for your keyboard & mouse using Armoury.
- Right-click on Setup (not AsusSetup), then Run as administrator to uninstall the old version and remove all cached data.
- Reboot PC.
- Right-click on Setup, Run as administrator to install 1.07.35.
- Reboot PC.
- Right-click on the Aura shortcut icon, Run as administrator to open the Aura application.
- If devices are not showing in the Aura UI, hit the refresh icon.

If you need to report any issues after installing 1.07.35, please remember to mention the following to make debugging faster:
1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.
5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall)
6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build.
7. If the same issue was present in the previous version(s).
8. State clearly the issue(s) you are experiencing.
Please Include a screenshot of the Aura UI, and any other pictures if applicable.

Greggg wrote:
btw thanks. but still can't fix the problem

Are you able to do the install with log option , (first remove aura then do install with log for each aac driver application) and post the logs to pastbin and the urls here,
i had same issue where one device would not sync, my front io led's , that was fixed with the aacmbsetup.exe and aacterminalhal.exe installed correctly.
I've had the most luck with it all working right with aura pack 1.07.60 and then installing everything else via windows shop (armoury crate)

Buy using different drive versions in different combo's I have able to recreate every Aura issue i've found and fix them by removing the old drivers (and registry guids) and going to the above mentioned version.

some other interesting things to note :-
1. when using driver version 1.07.22/.35/.57 windows will not allow any of the files to load under current builds but if you disable the windows security features (not recommended) or go back to a early windows build then you will note aura has extra colour profiles for Rainbow and Colour cycle that are not present in other builds. (these build are not recommended and require administrator level access to function , probably used as injection points for cheats(easy-anticheat
anti cheating app) or malware hence the blocking of those files)
2. drivers before 1.07.22 do not use the universal Armoury service so will not function with that software.
3. driver version 1.06.17 is the one found on most mobo/graphics card driver cdroms.
4. Windows app store armoury crate install does not install lightingservice which is required for the app to function, if you install from the ROG armoury crate download first then install from the app store you will have lightingservice installed in most cases at version 1.07.72 (although files identical to .71) but the guid's are different which is why they wont uninstall using any of the download drivers (1.07.60/.66/.71) as it see's .72 as a newer version and error's (see in the logs) requiring the user to delete the GUID registry entries as lightingservice will always try to use the newer dll drivers but the api is not compatible across versions when mixed.
5. driver version 1.06.17/1.05.32 should almost always work if you uninstall armoury crate/any aura drivers first, reboot then install the old versions to test or reset your hardware if it has gone out of sync(mobo's with rear io/front pch rgb ). this can reset the aura chip.
6. Aura chip versions are controlled by the EUFI bios with the exception of the actual Aura RGB controller on the mobo, this has separate firmware which is floating around ( it's Aura USB Device - RGB controller -> rgbs lights and RGB headers) , it's this chip which controls the RGB before the bios or windows drivers take over, so when you choose stealth or all on in the Bios a command is sent to this chip to switch on/off the RGB.
7. driver versions 1.07.22 and higher use wixx installer which cache's data in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Temp\{guid of driver} , some versions will overwrite this cache if windows allows the file access(see issue 1), if this fails then those drivers wont be install but the system reports all installed ok , this can be seen in the wixx install log when you add the -log "filename.log" parameter , manually deleting these files AFTER a reboot and before you attempt to install any other driver version will improve the chance of fixing your issue.

Well thats all i can think of for now.

regards

darkspr1te

darkspr1te wrote:
Are you able to do the install with log option , (first remove aura then do install with log for each aac driver application) and post the logs to pastbin and the urls here,
i had same issue where one device would not sync, my front io led's , that was fixed with the aacmbsetup.exe and aacterminalhal.exe installed correctly.
I've had the most luck with it all working right with aura pack 1.07.60 and then installing everything else via windows shop (armoury crate)

Buy using different drive versions in different combo's I have able to recreate every Aura issue i've found and fix them by removing the old drivers (and registry guids) and going to the above mentioned version.

some other interesting things to note :-
1. when using driver version 1.07.22/.35/.57 windows will not allow any of the files to load under current builds but if you disable the windows security features (not recommended) or go back to a early windows build then you will note aura has extra colour profiles for Rainbow and Colour cycle that are not present in other builds. (these build are not recommended and require administrator level access to function , probably used as injection points for cheats(easy-anticheat
anti cheating app) or malware hence the blocking of those files)
2. drivers before 1.07.22 do not use the universal Armoury service so will not function with that software.
3. driver version 1.06.17 is the one found on most mobo/graphics card driver cdroms.
4. Windows app store armoury crate install does not install lightingservice which is required for the app to function, if you install from the ROG armoury crate download first then install from the app store you will have lightingservice installed in most cases at version 1.07.72 (although files identical to .71) but the guid's are different which is why they wont uninstall using any of the download drivers (1.07.60/.66/.71) as it see's .72 as a newer version and error's (see in the logs) requiring the user to delete the GUID registry entries as lightingservice will always try to use the newer dll drivers but the api is not compatible across versions when mixed.
5. driver version 1.06.17/1.05.32 should almost always work if you uninstall armoury crate/any aura drivers first, reboot then install the old versions to test or reset your hardware if it has gone out of sync(mobo's with rear io/front pch rgb ). this can reset the aura chip.
6. Aura chip versions are controlled by the EUFI bios with the exception of the actual Aura RGB controller on the mobo, this has separate firmware which is floating around ( it's Aura USB Device - RGB controller -> rgbs lights and RGB headers) , it's this chip which controls the RGB before the bios or windows drivers take over, so when you choose stealth or all on in the Bios a command is sent to this chip to switch on/off the RGB.
7. driver versions 1.07.22 and higher use wixx installer which cache's data in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Temp\{guid of driver} , some versions will overwrite this cache if windows allows the file access(see issue 1), if this fails then those drivers wont be install but the system reports all installed ok , this can be seen in the wixx install log when you add the -log "filename.log" parameter , manually deleting these files AFTER a reboot and before you attempt to install any other driver version will improve the chance of fixing your issue.

Well thats all i can think of for now.

regards

darkspr1te

I did followed all your steps given *but I don’t know if my steps correct or not.. i wish there is a video in youtube to fix this issue..Sorry if my English is not good.

crashnburnxp
Level 7
Asus, I love you, but fix your Aura sync software. It refuses to detect my video card. If I uninstall/reinstall, it will SOMETIMES detect my video card, but after a shutdown/reboot, it no longer sees it. So now I have a purple graphics card with blue lighting.

1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware. 1302
2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software. iCue
3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute) only to have it no longer show up
4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already. yes. really no difference. still disappears and never reappears
5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall) there are two seperate auras?
6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build. Win10 build 1909
7. If the same issue was present in the previous version(s). Worked fine in 1903
8. State clearly the issue(s) you are experiencing. video card no longer shows up in Aura to edit rgb colors.
Please Include a screenshot of the Aura UI, and any other pictures if applicable. https://imgur.com/a/xwIAwgM

Hi,

I have a similar problem for a year now and this is how I fix it. It is annoying but still keeps my Aura running.

Basically after every restart of Windows 10, Ifollow these steps to get Aura running again with an RGB-strip AND the graphic card (both Asus products). My problem is that my system never displays the graphic card in Aura after a restart.

Before I follow these steps, I did a backup of my working Aura-settings with this tool : https://pascalroeleven.nl/multi-profile-for-asus-aura/ and placed the .XML file in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService".

1. Open my Lighting_Control_1.07.71-installation folder (download from ASUS website) and navigate to the folder "Lightning Service" -> run AuraServiceSetup.exe and uninstall the whole programm through this .EXE.

2. Run a copy of CCleaner and scan the registry for errors and fix every error (this will delete still existing Aura data in your registry).

3. Run AuraServiceSetup.exe from the folder above and reinstall the components of Aura completely.

4. Run the tool and load my personal settings.XML through the DOS-menu. The tool will restart the AURA-service and after this my RGB-strip AND graphic card RGB will reappear inside Aura.

5. Run Aura and magically my RGB-strip and the graphic card RGB works again.

Maybe this could also fix your problem?

crashnburnxp wrote:
Asus, I love you, but fix your Aura sync software. It refuses to detect my video card. If I uninstall/reinstall, it will SOMETIMES detect my video card, but after a shutdown/reboot, it no longer sees it. So now I have a purple graphics card with blue lighting.

1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware. 1302
2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software. iCue
3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute) only to have it no longer show up
4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already. yes. really no difference. still disappears and never reappears
5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall) there are two seperate auras?
6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build. Win10 build 1909
7. If the same issue was present in the previous version(s). Worked fine in 1903
8. State clearly the issue(s) you are experiencing. video card no longer shows up in Aura to edit rgb colors.

Please Include a screenshot of the Aura UI, and any other pictures if applicable. https://imgur.com/a/xwIAwgM

Hi,

Recently one of my DRAM sticks stopped syncing with the Aura program. All other RGB components change when I select something new but that one DRAM just does a full rainbow cycle with all the colors. It stays on even when I turn off the RGB from the software.

Specs

Asus Hero XI Wifi
Intel i9-9900K
G. Skill Trident Z RAM 32 GB (16 GB each)
EVGA 2080

Any ideas?

Maybe switch them in their slots on the mainboard? Sounds stupid but could help.

microbe0511 wrote:
Hi,

Recently one of my DRAM sticks stopped syncing with the Aura program. All other RGB components change when I select something new but that one DRAM just does a full rainbow cycle with all the colors. It stays on even when I turn off the RGB from the software.

Specs

Asus Hero XI Wifi
Intel i9-9900K
G. Skill Trident Z RAM 32 GB (16 GB each)
EVGA 2080

Any ideas?

Van_the_Liar
Level 7
:mad:
aschilles wrote:
I've been having the same issue. Trying to get support for 2 weeks now and there doesn't seem to be anyone on here who can actually help as literally no one has responded. Thanks for mentioned that 1.06.17 works, I'm going to roll back to that version now. Good luck getting any help at all...
:cool:

kshafe777
Level 7
strange issue.. my colors are "off." When i noticed when i my gradient going to "not quite right colors..." purple is more pink/red, blue is more green.. so on. i tried a static color such as white ( 255, 255, 255 ) and it's definitely a yellow hue.. not white. i have uninstalled Aura completely ( including aura service ) and have run CCleaner to make sure all files are gone. tried reinstalling. doesn't seem to fix.

yes, i have run the calibration tool multiple times..

however... when i boot into bios.. the colors are correct... so, it's got something to do with how Aura is reading and then reporting the colors back through the 12v RGB feeds.

any thoughts as to how one might fix this annoying problem?
"Better to try and Fail, then not try at all" ~ Michael Jordan
favorite YouTuber - KDSTech - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0zF8nTziWiBx3v6CNR3yw

In Armoury Crate 2.5.8 Aura Sync not recognize my laptop Asus ROG *STRIX Scar 3 with the keyboard and the led RGB. When update Rog live service at the version 1.0.15.0 caused BSOD. I try to uninstall Armoury and I install only application Armoury Crate but not solve and caused BSOD. How solve it? 83815*
83816*
83817*

AliAPCMR
Level 9
Asus Aura Crashes black ops 4, Removing aura fixes the game and it works, installing Aura causes the game to crash