cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades for g53sx

Retired
Not applicable
Hi all.

My g53sx is just over 4 years old. I dont use it much anymore but i was thinking of upgrading the internals.

Ive had the laptop in for repairs (all warranty) which they replaced the video card and fixed a broken power cord pin) common problems

Only problem i have now is that the battery doesnt want to charge any more? Just flashes red light. Can i buy a new battery still?

It came with 12g of ram originally so can i upgrade that and also i want to put an ssd card in it.

Also can the video card (560m) be replaced? I dont think i need to do that if i upgrade the ram and hd to ssd.

Im good with doing the work myself just looking to get some more life out of it.

Cheers and thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

uprise
Level 7
there have been a very select few who have temped to upgrade the video card on the G53SX. From what i have read they have been successful
but not seeing any how to's or which card manufacture they used. The processor can be upgraded with some ease to 2860QM which i am currently
doing shortly once my new intel 802.11AC/B 4.0 shows up. The SSD makes a world of difference on performance. I am currently waiting to hear back
from a few people as to what and how they went about upgrading there video cards. you can follow most of the G73JW posts but will have to modify the
heat sinks for the G53SX. I am wanting to try a GTX680m or GTX770M in the G53SX if i could find the right card to use and get Vbios.