cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling out my hair!!!

Snypehunter
Level 7
I am a hard core tech guy.. I avoid laptops for these headaches.. So.. I have a G750JW (you guys bought up the others... gggrrrr). I am fighting my way into win 8 for the first time (damn! it's invasive). Now, on a reboot, I get a BCD error and it will not boot. The websites say to use the original install disks.. Thank you Asus for providing them.... Ummm.... Damn you for not providing them!!!! I was trying to create some base system backup, but there are no utilities that are obvious for this and no documentation. googling on this all day and I find a solution that was going to completely erase my external HD instead of just putting a 14gig iso on it.

I must have this running asap!!! I have a copy of Win 7 Ultimate I am about to try to put in, if I cannot find another solution. There is also a good chance I am driving over to Asus Corporate and screaming at someone on Friday.

If anyone could answer these 2 questions:
How do I cure a BCD?
How do I make an archive of the pre-sale system if I need to do a clean install?

Snypehunter
3 REPLIES 3

chrsplmr
Level 18
SnypeHunter .. Welcome to ROG.
What Country/Region are you from ?
I see restore media but not US listed .. Every other G, it is available. c.

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, Snypehunter.

Browse for the W8 ISO at DigitalRiver. Look for the same exact version that coincides with the one that came with your laptop. Download it, burn it onto a DVD, boot from it and then repair your startup. In case you're wondering, it's completely legal to download the ISO as long as you have a valid W8 license, which in this case is the one that came with your laptop.

Clintlgm
Level 14
When you get it up and running again, download Asus Backtracker you'll need a 16 GB USB chip, the BackTracker will create a restore to factory condition media for you.
Clean installs can be a little tricky if your not up on UEIF GPT, you might want to check out this Sticky thread from the G75 G55 forum it applies to the G750 also.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro