cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 maximus hero 64gb ram rtx 4090 no boot to bios even

the_avenger
Level 7
Hava a z690 maximus hero 12900k , 4 sticks of corsair 6000mhz ram , 4090 1500ax psu .

Well system just won't boot to bios even no display , would get stuck at q code for USB keyboard and mouse or 98 .

Removed.the.gpu but I would notice the power led would start to flash this happened 1st time when I turned on the psu even .

I thought maybe it's a ram error so I removed all the sticks except 1 .

Turned off and on the psu and light would become stable but if I would turn the psu off it would start to blink again.

Anyway did not get any post even when diredtly.connexted to the mother board hdmi .

Tried the bios flash back to latest bios pressed the flash button light tuned on and it flashed and after a while of blinking light turned off
But still no boot to bios .

And after all this now my 1500ax would turn on self test shows a red light , don't know what's going on here was working fine 10.min ago.

Tried removing the cpu re inserting same with ram .

Can any one help a very costly build
2 REPLIES 2

onmybikedrunk
Level 7
the avenger wrote:
Hava a z690 maximus hero 12900k , 4 sticks of corsair 6000mhz ram , 4090 1500ax psu .

Well system just won't boot to bios even no display , would get stuck at q code for USB keyboard and mouse or 98 .

Removed.the.gpu but I would notice the power led would start to flash this happened 1st time when I turned on the psu even .

I thought maybe it's a ram error so I removed all the sticks except 1 .

Turned off and on the psu and light would become stable but if I would turn the psu off it would start to blink again.

Anyway did not get any post even when diredtly.connexted to the mother board hdmi .

Tried the bios flash back to latest bios pressed the flash button light tuned on and it flashed and after a while of blinking light turned off
But still no boot to bios .

And after all this now my 1500ax would turn on self test shows a red light , don't know what's going on here was working fine 10.min ago.

Tried removing the cpu re inserting same with ram .

Can any one help a very costly build

Did you ever find a solve for this? I'm having similar issues with the Z690 and 4090.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi the avenger and onmybikedrunk,
If it is no boot even with iGPU, please refer to the instructions in the following link and test with minimum components.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042632/
Thank you.