cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi VGA + Boot light on.

DudeWithSpells
Level 7

Hey, so after about five months of use, out of the blue one day, I get a VGA and a boot light with one long beep followed by three short beeps. I swap my graphics card with another one, same thing. I try swapping ram slots, buying new ram sticks to see if it just needs new ram, still the same beep. I resat the CPU, and same thing. Reset CMOS with the battery and jumper cables, and nothing. Even made sure all of my plugs going from the PSU were fully seated. Still the same thing. Ram slots A1 and B1 always gave me an instant ram light and corresponding post code, so I figured it was the motherboard. Bought the same motherboard, and the same thing is happening. I have no clue what I’ve done wrong or what’s gone wrong in my pc to cause this to happen with a brand new motherboard. Now, with this new motherboard, I haven’t updated the bios, just because I don’t have any way to at the moment.

ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi

ROG Strix RTX 4070

Corsair Vengeance DDR5 16GB X2

WD Black 1TB M.2 Drive X2

ROG Thor 850W PSU

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DudeWithSpells 

Please consider updating the BIOS to the latest version 2613 and clearing CMOS before checking again.
Regarding the Q-LED indicator light-up and the occurrence of one long and three short beeps as you described, it indicates anomalies in the boot disk and GPU recognition during startup.
Please refer to the instructions in [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators to troubleshoot the issue.
Meanwhile, we suggest you refer to [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display and test with minimal components to isolate the possible cause.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂