cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 Version 3.00.10 & 3.00.13 - user test/report thread

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please check the product support page for your board and download Ai Suite 3.00.14 or 3.00.13 (if available).

If you have a Ryzen-based system:

Ai Suite 3.00.13 updated for compatibility with Ryzen power plans (no other changes):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NC...ew?usp=sharing

Silent_Sniper wrote:
Yankeese;700246, I can Confirm your Issue as Well. Besides my system I have a another similar to yours same motherboard. I cannot get any of the AI suites to function at all. Asus Please You need to get this Fixed A.S.A.P. This machine is Staying off as I cannot afford a $10,000. Dollar Paperweight!

I succeeded installing the new 3.00.13 release by uninstalling everything, rebooting in safe mode, running the 2 cleaners (AI Cleaner 2 and AI Cleaner 3) and then rebooting to normal mode and installing ONLY 3.00.13. Everything worked, up until after an hour or so, when I restarted and the fanxpert plugin caused access violation at address 06a5b5aa in module 'dip4.dll' crashing the app.

My mobo is Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

stocis wrote:
I succeeded installing the new 3.00.13 release by uninstalling everything, rebooting in safe mode, running the 2 cleaners (AI Cleaner 2 and AI Cleaner 3) and then rebooting to normal mode and installing ONLY 3.00.13. Everything worked, up until after an hour or so, when I restarted and the fanxpert plugin caused access violation at address 06a5b5aa in module 'dip4.dll' crashing the app.

My mobo is Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

3.00.13 is not available for the X99 Deluxe/U3.1. I also have further infomation from ASUS, which I will post separately.

Just heard from ASUS with the latest.
===================
We are currently in the process of updating AI Suite to fix this symptom as there was a Windows KB that caused this symptom.

Please allow a few weeks for an update and it will be posted on our support site.

http://www.asus.com/us

In the meantime if needed ,they you can uninstall AISuite in SAFE MODE until there is a patch for the Windows KB update.
=========================

So this has gone from a few hours, to a few days, to a few weeks. Meantime, they keep advising to uninstall AI Suite in Safe Mode. On my board that does not work. AI Suite will not uninstall. I'm attaching screen shots of the error codes. I finally got it to uninstall in normal mode. AI Cleaner did nothing. I used CCleaner to scrub the registry. At this point there is nothing to do but wait, or else go through the hassle of changing to a different brand of motherboard.

Tonight I did a system image of my OS drive using Novastor. I do this every month, after patch Tuesday. Normally it takes about an hour. Dec. 19th image took 1 hour and 3 minutes. The one tonight took 2 hrs and 13 minutes. I don't know how much of this slowdown might be Novastor having difficulty collecting the image, or how much was the lack of the UASP utility that I had been using in AI Suite. In any event, I am not a happy camper.

KB4057144 fixed the problem caused by MS patch (KB4056891) so I installed the old ai suite iii and it works as it should.

alexnt wrote:
KB4057144 fixed the problem caused by MS patch (KB4056891) so I installed the old ai suite iii and it works as it should.

When did that windows update come out, so everyone who had the problem that did not uninstall old version, should be back to normal once they get new windows update then ?

alexnt wrote:

Daytrader wrote:
When did that windows update come out, so everyone who had the problem that did not uninstall old version, should be back to normal once they get new windows update then ?

This update is not for the Falls Creators Update (build 1709), it is for the Creators Update (build 1703).

Daytrader wrote:

It was release on 17/1/2018 and it is for 1703 version. There is KB4057142 for 1607 version. I don't know for 1709.

Have a look at the fixes: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/01/17/windows-10-kb4057142-kb4057144-and-kb4073290-released/

alexnt wrote:
It was release on 17/1/2018 and it is for 1703 version. There is KB4057142 for 1607 version. I don't know for 1709.

Have a look at the fixes: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/01/17/windows-10-kb4057142-kb4057144-and-kb4073290-released/

Ah ok, cheers, yeh im on 1709, i thought everyone was on that, as microsoft makes you update to latest version, how are you still on 1703 even ? let alone people still on 1607.

Daytrader wrote:
Ah ok, cheers, yeh im on 1709, i thought everyone was on that, as microsoft makes you update to latest version, how are you still on 1703 even ? let alone people still on 1607.

I have set to deffer the feature updates for 150 days. Windows 10 Pro.

alexnt wrote:
I have set to deffer the feature updates for 150 days. Windows 10 Pro.

Ah, cool.