cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RGB lighting

Archmaxy
Level 7
Hi all,

So I am proud to own an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING motherboard with all the the lovely RGB options. I am using a Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA200M case, which has an RGB compatible fan at the back and 2 beautiful "matte" rgb stripes at the front.

I am experiencing a problem however.

Whenever I boot up my pc, the color scheme on the RGB lighting is different. I boot up my pc, it starts the rgb in the lovely colors, but when I come to my login screen, it changes the color scheme to something I do not want. I don't know how to get it work like I want. I have been experiencing this problem for a short while now, not since I bought my pc.

I have attached this Youtube link: https://youtu.be/BQAYTTzz_bA

Here you can see what happens when it starts up and when I get to the login screen.

What I want, is the beautiful rainbow-like stuff happening at the beginning, not the slow dual-color cycle that keeps happening. Asus AURA Sync doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!
13 REPLIES 13

Hi All

I have a bitfenix spectre pro 230mm hooked up to my ROG STRIX boards 4 pin RGB port using the aura sync cable that came with the fan, it refuses to show Red or Green, instead i get Pink or turquoise instead, yellow shows up as white i really dont know what the problem is, i even sourced another fan and that is doing exactly the same

have uninstalled all software pertaining to the RGB and still no joy

anyone have any ideas? Im at my wits end with this now

I just updated the Armoury Crate Tips thread that I shared the link to. Refresh your browser to see the changes.

Jimbo93
Level 12
Archmaxy wrote:
Hi all,

So I am proud to own an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING motherboard with all the the lovely RGB options. I am using a Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA200M case, which has an RGB compatible fan at the back and 2 beautiful "matte" rgb stripes at the front.

I am experiencing a problem however.

Whenever I boot up my pc, the color scheme on the RGB lighting is different. I boot up my pc, it starts the rgb in the lovely colors, but when I come to my login screen, it changes the color scheme to something I do not want. I don't know how to get it work like I want. I have been experiencing this problem for a short while now, not since I bought my pc.

I have attached this Youtube link: https://youtu.be/BQAYTTzz_bA

Here you can see what happens when it starts up and when I get to the login screen.

What I want, is the beautiful rainbow-like stuff happening at the beginning, not the slow dual-color cycle that keeps happening. Asus AURA Sync doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hey Archmaxy, congrats on your awesome system. I really think I have the solution for you. I have spent months learning the best practices to optimize these details (RGB and system performance) and at times had the exact same issue. Recently I think I hit on the best and easiest way to beat this issue. If your system falls into same issue category as mine then you will find that if you login promptly after a restart and open task manager and resource manager like in my screenshot, that the process WMIADAP.EXE starts at around 4:20 system up time, fine. But if it continues to run until 8 minutes or so you have the issue I had and still have. That is a failure of that process to do its optimization thing, because when its working it only runs about 30 seconds. As far as the cause, I surmise that the WMI system is being hindered somehow and Armoury Crate and perhaps other software Geforce Experience? can also be involved. After I switched RGB to static and turned off GeForce in game overlay and then SIGN OUT and then RESTART. Do not sign in until 6 - 7 minutes up time. Once you sign in check if WMIADAP is running, hopefully not! You should see an instant improvement in AC performance. You should be able to set and have your RGB the way you want even on restart. I think more than once on this exercise might even be better, or after every software installation. Heres the screenshot and good luck.

One more thing to stress, have your resource manager on the "cpu" or "overview" tab to check this out.

If the suggestion I posted above does not resolve the issue, I think a .net recompile would also help. This can be accomplished two ways: open control panel and go to Security and Maintenance. Expand Maintenance, click the start maintenance option and go have a drink.

OR

follow the instructions for doing it in this post:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128812-Armoury-Crate-installation-tips