cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare the RVE to...

red454
Level 11
Current RVE owners: compare your Rampage V Extreme to other platforms, such as the RIVE and RIVE Black Edition, and perhaps Z77, Z87 and Z97 systems.

For example, for my personal system I am using a Maximus V Formula (Z77) with a GTX 670 (soon to have two GTX680s) for mild overclocking and moderate gaming (BF4, Borderlands, etc.) and I am wondering how much of a leap it would be to go to the MVE. I love massive overkill, so I think the MVE would keep me entertained for a long time.

As a side note, I do hardware reviews for a website, and I have access to a RIVE BE that was reviewed earlier this year and a RVE which is being reviewed currently and I can get either of them for a significant discount. But no matter how much I save on the motherboard, I will still have to purchase a new CPU (and DDR4 memory for the MVE).

Your thoughts?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro
0 REPLIES 0