cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY boot problems. HELP. BIOS boot only.

ufotheswe
Level 7
Today is a sad, sad day for me.

Yesterday my laptop worked fine, I was gaming and having fun. I turned it off and went to bed. Next morning I booted it, and BAM, straight to the BIOS - and it will not boot Windows (I have Windows 10). Since then I've messed around in the BIOS (version 208) trying to see if I can fix the problem, which I cannot. This lead me to think its a hardware problem? The thing is that both my hard drives (a 128 SSD where the windows is, and the | TB HDD) appears - but in the boot selection menu only the SSD and the CD-rom appears.

I bought the laptop used, but it was bought january 2016 - and the guy I bought it from said that it had a "global pick up from the door and fix warranty" for two years. So I should be fine? But the thing is that I just moved to Brazil (from Norway) - so I have no idea how to start this process. I do have the ASUS log-in, where the product is registered.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I am desperate in need of this laptop.

Pictures attached
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
You probably either lost your SSD or you have only lost your boot configuration. You could try a repair install to fix your boot sector.

You should be able to contact Asus Tech support from the download page. I really have no idea how to start a international RMA here is a link to Brazil tech support I think this what I found with a goggle search https://www.asus.com/br/support/
this link seems to have logged in on my User name and password just log off and back on with your user name and password the one you got from the guy you bought the notebook from.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

@Clintlgm thanks for your reply. So I downloaded win10 and put it on an USB - and it kind of worked. After messing around with the different repair and reset functions, and getting the blue screen with "Recovery. Your PC needs to be repaired" - all of a sudden I got windows to boot - but it takes longer time now, it goes through a couple of stages first before windows is starting. There is also 3 extra partitions, maybe they are the reason the boot takes longer time. Now I'm downloading win10 directly from my computer to see if I can do a reset from here.

Regards

Anybody here have an idea of why my laptop now boots alot slower? And also when its been sleeping for a long time, it kind of turns off, and i need to boot it again - which takes 20 seconds - but windows is still where i left off (same programs open etc).

Regards

Hi. I have the same problem in bios. I cent see my HDD in boot optios. Both HDD are OK and working fine in other computer. In bios i tried disabling secure (saved changes) and reset and then enabe CSM. But I can only see USB key and DVD. I tried Windows 10 repair boot and reinstal uefi win 10 but still nothing. I think that there must be something wrong with BIOS itself.

Notebook model g751jy

Kind regards

bimmer-mb wrote:
Hi. I have the same problem in bios. I cent see my HDD in boot optios. Both HDD are OK and working fine in other computer. In bios i tried disabling secure (saved changes) and reset and then enabe CSM. But I can only see USB key and DVD. I tried Windows 10 repair boot and reinstal uefi win 10 but still nothing. I think that there must be something wrong with BIOS itself.

Notebook model g751jy

Kind regards

I suggest you read the sticky thread "Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation)".
This should give you understanding on how to install windows on G serie laptops, without boot delays/slowdown.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]