cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53sw Sound Driver problems

Retired
Not applicable
Hey!

I got this computer back from RMA, and they did a factory restore, and everything was great, until I was installing my sound card drivers.

The Realtek drivers just won't install.
I keep getting an error.
Am I installing the right drivers? I'm pretty sure I am. Was going off Chastitys Thread.

Because of this. The THX studio thing doesn't pick up any sound devices, and that's installed but I can't use it, cause it says 'No supported devices detected." Probably cause the real tek stuff isn't installing.

The Asus Live update thing tends to freeze when updating two drivers for something also.

Helpp

My sound sounds like crap.
I'm pretty sure what's installed now is just some regular windows sound driver. :[
It sounds horrible compared to what it used to before the factory restore.
9 REPLIES 9

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

The Realtek drivers your mention are you trying to update that?
When you attempt to install it, try to: right click on installation file and choose run as administrator perhaps that would help.

But you got to be sure that your installing the right Realtek drivers.
Look at Asus Support and download the realtek driver from there (if you not already have done that.)

Asus Live Update is a buggy utilitie and unstable so it may not work sometimes and crash. So I would recommend you to uninstall all bloatware from Asus and only use software that is good 🙂

The best thing to do is download drivers with an early version from Asus support site, and then upgrade so no drivers would not work as it should do (if you install the latest driver right away 😛 )
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Retired
Not applicable
The RT drivers are not installed at all.
And when I go to the website to install them.

It gives me an error. 😐

I is sad. XD

Stallosaur wrote:
The RT drivers are not installed at all.
And when I go to the website to install them.

It gives me an error. 😐

I is sad. XD

Does Windows recognize the Realtek chip? That is, when you go to Device Manager, it is listed there as an unknown device?

Retired
Not applicable
In the device manager, under sound stuff,
There's....
- High Definition Audio Device
and then 4
-nividia high definition audio

Retired
Not applicable
Halp? 😮

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm, that sounds weird :S That driver should be pre-installed on your notebook when you set it back to factory restore.

Do you have your cd driver? On that CD there is a Audio driver, perhaps you could try that one 🙂

EDIT: Have you installed a lot of new sofware or things like that after you got it back from RMA ? If no, I would reinstalled windows 7 (set back to factory settings, again). Just to see if that RT is still gone or the workshop you had it in, has somehow managed to uninstall that driver.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337
Level 10
When you are in device manager, click on Realtek High Definition Audio Device, go to driver, see if it's deactivated, if it is, activate it.

You could also right click on the speaker icon on the windows bar, click on playback devices and see if speakers is set as standard.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
When you are in device manager, click on Realtek High Definition Audio Device, go to driver, see if it's deactivated, if it is, activate it.

You could also right click on the speaker icon on the windows bar, click on playback devices and see if speakers is set as standard.

He has no listing for the Realtek Device.

@ Stallasaur: You can check to see if it's there and disabled by checking View -> Show hidden devices.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Ahh my bad 😞 Thought High Definition Audio Device was the same as Realtek.

Thank you for correction me 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205