cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage iii gene - no boot - any help please ?

rop453
Level 7
Hi,

I have a Rampage iii gene that has been working fine for just over a year, today my computer just died and would not boot up again.

I have removed the motherboard from the case and have it connected on the bench with a tested (working) power supply and still will not boot.
When you apply power to it the reset & power buttons on the motherboard light up (the manual says the power button should flash 3 times mine does not it just comes on), however when you press the power button on the motherboard nothing happens - no cpu fan no leds etc.

Any help would be greatley appriciated.
3 REPLIES 3

bikeman
Level 7
Please do once CLRTC setting again
1.turn off all power,and check the LED was off on the motherboard
2.remove the battery on the motherboard,wait a 1min
3.back to the battery and turn on the power,then start the PC testing again!

Many thanks for sujjestion but had already tried that with no luck.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did you install anything new on your system, a new VGA or some ram maybe? Possibly upgraded your BIOS? In other words was there anything that might have acted as a trigger for the change. That will help me try and fix the problem.

If all else fails, remove every thing from your motherboard, including the CPU. Take the battery out too. And do a clear CMOS leave the board for 12 hours and then try again with only one stick of ram and the bare minimum of hard ware connected.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.