cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Ranger help

JayMI6
Level 8
Hello

I own Asus Maximus Ranger VII and ROG front base, my case is NZXT switch 810. I'm in a bit of confusion my case has a HD audio wire and the ROG has same wire but I dunno what it's called I want to know which one should I connect to the AAFP connector or is there a way to use both of them?
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello JayM16 and welcome to the ROG forum.

I don't think you can use both of them at the same time, use the one on the front base. If there are two connectors on one cable ( HD, AC97), connect the HD connector to the AAFP header for superior sound.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello JayM16 and welcome to the ROG forum.

I don't think you can use both of them at the same time, use the one on the front base. If there are two connectors on one cable ( HD, AC97), connect the HD connector to the AAFP header for superior sound.

Thanks for the help, I was looking through forums and stumbled across someone that had the same problem as me, he mentioned that he will use this: http://www.moddiy.com/products/10%252dPin-USB%7B47%7DAC97%7B47%7DHD%252dAudio-Internal-Header-Y-Spli...

i think its great,

Nate152
Well there ya go, It looks like you are having fun with your new toy, keep up the good work!