cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,049 REPLIES 3,049

@MoKiChU Old drivers are working, EQ is working and also I can do sound with front and back so it's perfect (was a little tricky, for other with same problem, just make a situation that sound is moving from front and back and exit with X, don't use OK button)

I'm gonna check one more time on fresh installation first option to be sure that this DTS is that bad as I think (on my DTS I cannot do a random mode, I must choose sound effect which is terrible). Thank you men. Really thanks.

I use Sound FX now with your drivers. It has EQ. Thanks @MoKiChU 

davelamorte
Level 7

Hello,

I have this mobo: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/

I tried following the instructions and installing this package: Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS)
I'm on Windows 10 all updates.

Everything seems to be working, except the one thing I've been struggling to activate: I don't see any way to activate DTS (DD would be fine too) on my optical output. I only have 2 speakers.
Attached there's a DTS 5.1 system.

Am I using the wrong driver? Is there anything I can try?
Thank you!

Hi,

You are using the correct drivers (Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS)) for your motherboard (ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard).

It's not a drivers related issue, your motherboard built-in audio controller/licence can only :

- SPDIF port : Output only Stereo PCM, so no 5.1/7.1 PCM (uncompressed) and no upmix/encoding to 5.1/7.1 DTS/Dolby (compressed).
- 3.5mm jack port : Output only Stereo PCM or 5.1/7.1 PCM (uncompressed), so no upmix to 5.1/7.1 DTS/Dolby (compressed).

The choices you have :

- If you want keep using SPDIF port :

- Your audio equipment should be able to do the upmix processing on its side (Stereo PCM to 5.1).
- Purchase a dedicated sound card with upmix/encoding to 5.1 DTS/Dolby (compressed).

- If you want try to switch to 3 x 3.5mm jack port (5.1), please refer to this FAQ : [Motherboard] Audio I/O connections setting and Audio 2, 4, 5.1 or 7.1-channel configuration.

Note : The Stereo audio content will be played in Stereo and not be upmixed in 5.1 PCM, only the audio content in 5.1 PCM (uncompressed) will be played in 5.1 PCM. However, SS3 can upmix all audio content to 5.1 PCM (or virtualize 7.1/3D audio content in 5.1) by enabling the Upmix / Surround effect feature from SS3 app.

Also, if your audio equipment is DTS:X or Dolby Atmos compatible, I would advise you not to use the built-in motherboard audio controller for your audio equipment, and go through the HDMI port of your iGPU or your GPU with DTS Sound Unbound (built-in with your motherboard) or Dolby Access.

Everyone : I remind you that I don't work for ASUS (everything I do for the ASUS ROG community is out of passion, on a voluntary basis). If you would like to know more about your motherboard features, please contact ASUS Support (I cannot answer all your questions about the use of your hardware/software for each of you, even if I wanted to).

marell
Level 8

Hi! I have a Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and I would like to know if it's normal, with your latest drivers, that I have Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer disabled in audio controller section inside device management on Windows 11?

MokiChU shared this  3 weeks ago.

kyton_0-1688720042799.png

Oh thank you very much, I totally missed this!

jworley641
Level 7

Realtek Sound drivers are viable with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx and AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx chipsets.
These drivers give sound help to the individual Intel and AMD stages.
Realtek is a notable maker of sound chips, and their drivers guarantee excellent sound result.
It means quite a bit to stay up with the latest to guarantee similarity and ideal execution.
You can download the most recent Realtek Sound drivers for the referenced Intel and AMD chipsets from the authority Realtek site or the individual motherboard maker's site.

[url=https://www.firstmotionproducts.com/]First Motion Products, LLC[/url]

amit2007gunjan
Level 7

Hi ! I have a  TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI motherboard. Which driver should i download?

thanks.

Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Audio Processing motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.