cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 3 Phoebus HUGE SOUND BUG

AVtemp
Level 10
Ok, this is not fun anymore.
I`m tired to ask for new driver, still no news from ASUS.
How long do i have to workaround this problem????

This is what i get in Battlefield3 EVERYTIME i start this game or change game server:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie0Th8npIJQ&feature=youtu.be
And i have to change samplerate to get it fixed.
And again and again and again if i change game servers.

This is the same problem i have in Battlefield2 Bad Company:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGw-Fn8ejEA

Am i the "luckiest" man in the world?
What is wrong with this card???

Win 7 x64 with all updates 03.2013, i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-V PRO
27 REPLIES 27

desty
Level 7
So what is the best configuration for Battlefield 3 then, when you are using stereo headphones and the phoebus? what i use is headphone in bf3 and i use the stereo upmix in dolby... i have no idea if it is the best configuration.

I mainly use my Z5500 speakers but for a headset I have sennheiser PC 350s and for competition purposes i use HiFi for best positional audio. I switch to wartapes when i just want that (In the battle) experience.

Phoebus settings i have it set to
Volume at 95%
High Gain
Sample rate is 192 and 24
Environment is disabled or off
Xear (all three of them) are disabled or off
Also DTS and Dolby are Disabled or off.

cx-ray
Level 12
AVtemp , I just installed W8 and finally managed to hear the same stereo related bug as you get. Most of the sound and footsteps are basically only coming from the right side. The only way to fix it without constantly messing around in-game, is to use one of these options or a combination of them: Enhanced Stereo Mode in BF3 Audio options, Dolby Digital Live if you're using S/PDIF, or XEAR Surround Headphone. Dolby stuff may work too...didn't bother to test. Either way, just pure stereo won't work.

cx-ray wrote:
AVtemp , I just installed W8 and finally managed to hear the same stereo related bug as you get. Most of the sound and footsteps are basically only coming from the right side. The only way to fix it without constantly messing around in-game, is to use one of these options or a combination of them: Enhanced Stereo Mode in BF3 Audio options, Dolby Digital Live if you're using S/PDIF, or XEAR Surround Headphone. Dolby stuff may work too...didn't bother to test. Either way, just pure stereo won't work.

I'm sorry to hear that you faced the same problem.:(
I`ve tried everything to solve it, and got no help from ASUS for past 6 month.I sent them 7 letters.
I`m tired to workaround it by changing samplerate after game is started or by choosing Xear headphones.
I don`t know is there any sence in sending them your bugreport.
But still you may send them bugreport, let them to know that even Win8 users have this problem.

cx-ray
Level 12
Yeah, luckily I use XEAR Surround Headphone in that game. Otherwise, I'd have to get a different sound card. I can't live with a bug like that. It's funny though that there's no problem in the single player.

I guess I'll file a report for it as well. With a greater number of reports Asus might give the bug a higher priority.

Glasofruix
Level 8
Try razer surround, way better and it's free at the moment.

Cageymaru
Level 7
Can you get Razer Surround and the Phoebus to play nice together Glasofruix?

Glasofruix
Level 8
Yep, but It's kind of stubborn when you disable it (to listen to music for ex) and reenable it back. On my machine i have to "recalibrate" (basicly go through the calibration process without changing anything, selecting the right output etc... takes 5 seconds) every time otherwise the sound pops and/or the channels mix incorrectly. Other than that it's stable and quite impressive, just finished BF4 campaign with it without hiccups (don't forget to disable the audio "enhancements" and you should be fine).