cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run ASUS Aura

christofalee
Level 7

I have tried every work around i can find but still no luck trying to get Aura to Launch.

I did a fresh install on windows then eventually tried to re-install Aura 2 months later. I keep getting the Aura has stopped working when i try and run after installation.

i have tried to kill the power, i have uninstalled every bit of LED related software (only one was my logitech keyboard/mouse/headset software). I had not re-installed corsair link either. Also after the fresh install i did not install any other ASUS software since the re-install, Aura was the 1st one. Since then i have managed to install GPU tweak and corsair link and they all work fine, no matter what i try Aura wont work.,

I have tried all of these versions with power downs and unplugging as well...

Lighting_Control_1.01.09
Lighting_Control_1.01.16
Lighting_Control_1.05.25
Lighting_Control_1.05.28
Lighting_Control_1.05.38
Lighting_Control_Win7-81-10_V10102

I have also done the unblock on the zip and run as administrator as well as other OS compatibility modes and still nothing.

It's still the only bit of software im having issues with. Have i missed some mandatory software after the re-install? I did update the bios just before i did the fresh windows install.

I noticed the doctor dump mentions AURA for X99 while im on a z170 Hero Alpha viii

Manufacturer Manufacturer01
Application name AURA for X99 series

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0xcd7c
aura+0x6e103
aura+0x67a71
aura+0x26203
aura+0x2a95f
aura+0x24efc
aura+0x8c04c
aura+0xa1b54

PLEASE HELP as this is very frustraiting

I hope it's some form of user error but i can't find anything that will work 😞

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-ERBVO0T
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3703, 27/12/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale Australia
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "1********
Username DESKTOP-ERBVO0T\Chris
Time Zone AUS Eastern Summer Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 28.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 32.8 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB

Also i can't install AURA via GPU Tweak either
24 REPLIES 24

Triliuner wrote:
try in safe mode

No luck with that either,

When i start in safe mode as minimal i get this error, but then eventually the same stopped working message

have you tried clear CMOS prior to booting ?

Triliuner wrote:
have you tried clear CMOS prior to booting ?

certainly have, multiple times 😞

hmm, from what i read, you use windows 10 home edition, can you try windows 10 pro 64bit?

if the problem is not resolved, it looks like your motherboard is damaged, try contact asus

Triliuner wrote:
hmm, from what i read, you use windows 10 home edition, can you try windows 10 pro 64bit?

if the problem is not resolved, it looks like your motherboard is damaged, try contact asus

Hello.
I HAD exactly the same problem as the OP, but different specs. My specs are as follows:
Ryzen7 1700
ASUS X370-F Strix (AMD AM4 socket, not like him!)
2x 8GB DDR4-3200 from QVL list (G.SKILL 14-14-14-34 @ 1T)

My system runs Windows 10 Pro x64, I haven't tried Windows 7 yet (preparing ISO). It is very stable and everything you would like runs on it, but only ASUS AURA refused to run with the error mentioned. In Eventlog there was only one entry from LightningService.exe which crashed. The only "interesting" details from the log:

exception code: 0xc0000005

This happens when an app crashes, mostly because of a "prevented operation" by another program.

I struggled back and forth, but finally found a solution, dependable on my >>antivirus<< (!!!), probably this helps other users:

Uninstall the AURA program and reboot. I assume you have all th e files for installation ready at your disk.
After Windows is loaded again, disable your antivirus (yes, honestly!) and reinstall AURA again. I did not try the AURA removing tool, probably this helps at some point.
After install DO NOT reboot (yet).
Go into your antivirus' settings.
Set the whole AURA path (C:/program files(x86)/ASUS/AURA/*.* and subfolders) as an exception for all scanning purposes (script blocking, filtering, preventing autorun, preventing registry edit => ALL options possible your antivirus offers)
Apply the settings and re-enable your antivirus.
Reboot.
Run AURA explicitly as administrator once. (right-click and choose "run as administrator", click YES on the prompt)

My problem was solved with that. It seems some antivirus vendors (mine is ESET) see the communication as some CnC traffic or something like that and block it. No wonder, ASUS AURA sends your mainboard commands to change stuff. That does not happen very often, except you own a motherboard with LEDs. 😉

I hope this helped someone, I was about to post to this thread with the exact same issue on my AM4 board, so the issue seems to be specific to AURA boards in general.

Regards

IDKFA wrote:
Hello.
I HAD exactly the same problem as the OP, but different specs. My specs are as follows:
Ryzen7 1700
ASUS X370-F Strix (AMD AM4 socket, not like him!)
2x 8GB DDR4-3200 from QVL list (G.SKILL 14-14-14-34 @ 1T)

My system runs Windows 10 Pro x64, I haven't tried Windows 7 yet (preparing ISO). It is very stable and everything you would like runs on it, but only ASUS AURA refused to run with the error mentioned. In Eventlog there was only one entry from LightningService.exe which crashed. The only "interesting" details from the log:

exception code: 0xc0000005

This happens when an app crashes, mostly because of a "prevented operation" by another program.

I struggled back and forth, but finally found a solution, dependable on my >>antivirus<< (!!!), probably this helps other users:

Uninstall the AURA program and reboot. I assume you have all th e files for installation ready at your disk.
After Windows is loaded again, disable your antivirus (yes, honestly!) and reinstall AURA again. I did not try the AURA removing tool, probably this helps at some point.
After install DO NOT reboot (yet).
Go into your antivirus' settings.
Set the whole AURA path (C:/program files(x86)/ASUS/AURA/*.* and subfolders) as an exception for all scanning purposes (script blocking, filtering, preventing autorun, preventing registry edit => ALL options possible your antivirus offers)
Apply the settings and re-enable your antivirus.
Reboot.
Run AURA explicitly as administrator once. (right-click and choose "run as administrator", click YES on the prompt)

My problem was solved with that. It seems some antivirus vendors (mine is ESET) see the communication as some CnC traffic or something like that and block it. No wonder, ASUS AURA sends your mainboard commands to change stuff. That does not happen very often, except you own a motherboard with LEDs. 😉

I hope this helped someone, I was about to post to this thread with the exact same issue on my AM4 board, so the issue seems to be specific to AURA boards in general.

Regards

Yeah i have tried installing Aura before any antivirus programs were installed after my fresh re-install and still the same issue 😞

on the off chance even disabled windows defender too but same issue

I had the same problem where the software just won't launch.

In my case I could fix it by changing the installation directory to C:\ASUS\AURA

Seems like the software doesn't want to be installed in a Program Files folder. This could be related to a permission problem.

madr1c wrote:
I had the same problem where the software just won't launch.

In my case I could fix it by changing the installation directory to C:\ASUS\AURA

Seems like the software doesn't want to be installed in a Program Files folder. This could be related to a permission problem.

Try that i manage to supress permisions on the app, on both non MS account, install on drivers and app with out internet. so later windows update that. NO LUCK
Learn, Play Enjoy!

christofalee wrote:
Yeah i have tried installing Aura before any antivirus programs were installed after my fresh re-install and still the same issue 😞

on the off chance even disabled windows defender too but same issue

same here on my best friends.. (9machines like mine) and on mine is working I have no idea why
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I don't have an Asus motherboard, but am experiencing the same problems with the software (any version). My frustration is that it was working fine and then decided it doesn't want to anymore.