cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set lighting per device on Armoury Crate

andre_ss6
Level 8
Hi,

With the old Aura Sync I could set different colors for my RAM, Addressable RGB Strip and Motherboard. Now, with Armoury Crate, I can only set one effect/color for them all. If I uncheck the RAM and RGB strip on "Sync devices", they just stop being controlled by the Motherboard.
11 REPLIES 11

Jimbo93 wrote:
So what I would want if I had something that didnt seem to work is an actual answer about whether its supposed to work differently. Not guesswork.

I can tell you it is not guesswork - all RBG headers are lumped into one which is just plain stupid and lazy. It is all or nothing - this is true for everyone that uses the software. Show us a counterpoint because Asus is mum about it. The only exceptions seem to be peripheral devices, and individual RAM sticks in Aura creator

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Jimbo93 wrote:
I have one question JcRabbit. Have you ever gotten confirmation from asus that the functionality that existed was taken out or that is an assumption because yours doesnt work as advertised?

NO individual DRGB header control. The old asus aura software allowed you to control individual headers. Crate does NOT for some stupid reason. Asus aura still works on pretty much all asus motherboards. The problem is the MB's are now using a dot matrix oled that can not be controlled by the old software.

With all the resources asus has it boggles my mind how none of them realize that people want to control individual headers that they include as a feature on their hardware.