Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R9 280x DirectCU II Top Artifacts!!

d1versify
Level 7
HEllo i just upgraded from an 7870 to the R9280X-DC2T-3GD5

I followed these steps for drivers

1. Ran Catalyst control center from C:/ AMD and did a custom uninstall. Removed all
2. Restarted computer
3. Ran Driver Fusion and deleted everything from AMD
4. Restarted computer
5. Installed latest 13.12 R9 drivers from AMD site

I get artifacts (shapes, lines , squares) flashing everywhere in screen , when in Chrome, in Dota 2 and Planetside 2. Haven't tested in more games , but I guess it will be the same.
The card will need a replacement? I have a Corsair CX600 , AMD FX 8350, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600 mhz
I read somewhere about GPU bios update. I ran the GPU ASUS TWEAK software that came in with the CD, and i tried to update something but i got a message ROM programming fail. But then it seemed to installed the update and forced me to restart the computer.
But still i get artifacts.
What do you suggest?
678 REPLIES 678

I RMAed my Asus card, which I paid a premium/brand price for it. It took 2 full months for Asus to credit my card.
You pay a premium price for a card that "might" be premium just on branding. Ok, let's assume Asus cards are good. But when you compare it with their sh**tty services (waited 2 full months to have the card credited), it is not worth it.
I ended up buying a card from another manufacturer and I'm freaking happy.
RMAed Asus Mobo - took 1 full month to sort out.
RMAed Asus wireless adapter - took 1 full month to sort out.
I will not buy Asus products again. I learned my lesson.

I RMAed my Asus card, which I paid a premium/brand price for it. It took 2 full months for Asus to credit my card.
You pay a premium price for a card that "might" be premium just on branding. Ok, let's assume Asus cards are good. But when you compare it with their sh**tty services (waited 2 full months to have the card credited), it is not worth it.

GOR52
Level 10

Danil
Level 7
Who test 14.6 drivers? Artifacts still there?

I have a r9 280x dc2t aswell, i've installed 14.6 this morning, i tested a few games, same problems, i've e-mailed back and for with some1 from asus, and they just say ''ít's something we'll have to forward to amd, as it's probably driver related'', wich in my opinion is **** ****, it's clearly a problem with the vram of this card, i'm still thinking of what to do really, i've got this card for 2/3 months now, i don't really see RMA as an option, as you will just get the same card back, or a new one with the same problems, taking a refund is the easy way out, but id rather see amd/asus come with a actual solution to fix this.

12:50 30-05-2014: Recieved a e-mail from support this morning.

According to my information our technicians have an option to solve this, however for us to solve this you have to apply for RMA.
It does seem this is a hardware failure which needs to be repaired.

In this case I'd suggest you send the card for RMA through your vendor.

I have replied i would like to know what their ''fix'' is before i rma it, otherwise im just gonna return it for something els, i can't go 2 months without my card.

I am requesting a refund to buy another graphics card, because I will not expect a solution in a short time. This thread was started in January!

Vlammenzee wrote:
I have a r9 280x dc2t aswell, i've installed 14.6 this morning, i tested a few games, same problems, i've e-mailed back and for with some1 from asus, and they just say ''ít's something we'll have to forward to amd, as it's probably driver related'', wich in my opinion is **** ****, it's clearly a problem with the vram of this card, i'm still thinking of what to do really, i've got this card for 2/3 months now, i don't really see RMA as an option, as you will just get the same card back, or a new one with the same problems, taking a refund is the easy way out, but id rather see amd/asus come with a actual solution to fix this.

14.6 can't fix the problem!
14.3 is better than 14.6 for DC2T, I can run full 3Dmark for 14.3 at least but not for 14.6, failed in 3rd test

bishop168
Level 7
Ookami999 wrote:
What heatsinks did he used?

something like http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Copper-Cooling-Heatsinks-cooler/dp/B00637X42A or http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2026 or any other HS you are able to find for VRAM

Danil
Level 7
You can try use those heatsink:
http://www.moddiy.com/products/3M-8810-Thermally-Conductive-Adhesive-Transfer-Tapes-Thermal-Sink-%28...

Why Asus engineers are so stupid that did not provide an overheating problem RAM?

Danil wrote:
You can try use those heatsink:
http://www.moddiy.com/products/3M-8810-Thermally-Conductive-Adhesive-Transfer-Tapes-Thermal-Sink-%28...

Why Asus engineers are so stupid that did not provide an overheating problem RAM?

¿this model of heatsink will fit exactly in the vram chips on my r9 280x DCU2 TOP? I i mean without to manipulate or cut something, because i see that page do international shipping so i could try to buy and receive here in Mexico.