cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking the G75VX GTX670MX

Kriss1
Level 8
How about some overclocking results guys ?

I am using the latest version of MSI Afterburner (2.3.0) I am reaching a stable clock ( until now ) ot +135Mhz Core and +1000Mhz !!! Memory clock. Interesting is that my performance in let say Furmark almost doubles with those overclock values. I guess they will go even higher if Afterburner had more overclock room.

While overclocked i am not getting hotter than 72 Degrees in Synthetics and about 65 Degrees in real gaming.

What about yours ?
ASUS G751JY (i7 4710HQ)
83 REPLIES 83

Dreamonic wrote:
The new king of 670MX 3DMARK11 benchmark score.

My modded 670MX vBIOS @ 1300/2600 - 1.1v

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7013938

Your turn Gokica, haha..

Ha, ha. Challenge accepted. Let me see what I can do.

gokica wrote:
Ha, ha. Challenge accepted. Let me see what I can do.

The highest I got when going through the O/C stage was 6372. My card hit 85C and I was pretty happy with that.
7K is stupid nuts.

7K are you serious. Congratulations...

p.s. I wanted to quote both messages. and broke it.

Thanks,
-Joshua Norman

Ta-jung_Liu
Level 7
hey i oced my 670MX to +135/+1000
will it hurt if i set the GPU to oc at startup or should I only oc when playing games?
temp reaches 70C for Planetside 2 on High-Medium settings after a few minutes

samozen
Level 8
please how to oc to these, tell us the method.

TJ_Hooker
Level 7
My GPU temps are actually in the low 60's. I don't think most of my games are very good for benching/stress testing so I've mainly used synthetic benchmarks. With 3Dmark (2013) and Unigine Heaven (max settings), I peaked at 61C. I ran Unigine Valley for a little while last night and the temps capped out at 63C, occasionally dropping back down to 62 or 61 during some parts. MSI Afterburner logged my max temp as 64C, but it must have only been for an instant as I don't remember seeing it in Valley's built-in GPU temperature display. I also kept track of my temp while playing Starcraft 2 a while back, and I think the max was about 62C.

All these temps are with +135/+1000 core/memory OC with MSI Afterburner. I don't have any modifications and I have stock paste (got the laptop about 4 months ago). My living room (where I keep my laptop) tends to be a little cool during the winter, so I suppose my temps might be a bit higher if I were to run these benchmarks in the summer.
ASUS G75VX, i7-3630QM, GTX 670MX, 12GB RAM, 240GB Seagate 600 SSD + 750GB/8GB Seagate SSHD

Biohazard0604
Level 7
Kriss1 wrote:
How about some overclocking results guys ?

I am using the latest version of MSI Afterburner (2.3.0) I am reaching a stable clock ( until now ) ot +135Mhz Core and +1000Mhz !!! Memory clock. Interesting is that my performance in let say Furmark almost doubles with those overclock values. I guess they will go even higher if Afterburner had more overclock room.

While overclocked i am not getting hotter than 72 Degrees in Synthetics and about 65 Degrees in real gaming.

What about yours ?

I have a question, why is it everyone can overclock their gpu, yet even when i run stock my temps go into the high 70's playing bf4 and if I
overclock playing bf4 my temps will go to a max of 83? I have tried every option and my laptop is less then a year old and I do not feel like
repasting the gpu. I find it hard to believe that all these other laptops run so much cooler then mine. Please tell me how you keep your temps so low.

Biohazard0604 wrote:
I have a question, why is it everyone can overclock their gpu, yet even when i run stock my temps go into the high 70's playing bf4 and if I
overclock playing bf4 my temps will go to a max of 83? I have tried every option and my laptop is less then a year old and I do not feel like
repasting the gpu. I find it hard to believe that all these other laptops run so much cooler then mine. Please tell me how you keep your temps so low.

I take off the bottom panel for both GPU and CPU. Lift up the notebook to get the air flow under ( this will help a lot my temps drop around 5c - 10c. I'm using CM U3 cooling pad temps drop 3c - 5c.

Thank you for your reply, I was debating whether or not to do that. Just seems silly I have to take the bottom cover off to expose more airflow
to the gpu and cpu. If you do not mind me asking, what temps do you see while playing games like bf4 or something very demanding without
taking the cover off and without the cooling pad? Thanks for taking time to reply to my posT!

This goes out to everyone... how does everyone keep their gpu from hiting high temps?? The cpu is not
a problem, the highest that ever gets is 64 degrees Celsius. My gpu on the other hand like I said goes up to 83 degrees Celsius when playing bf4. My fans are clean and the laptop is on a hard surface.. I can also say for sure that the fan is spinning at the RPM it is rated for which I believe is somewhere around 3,200 rpm.

Biohazard0604 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, I was debating whether or not to do that. Just seems silly I have to take the bottom cover off to expose more airflow
to the gpu and cpu. If you do not mind me asking, what temps do you see while playing games like bf4 or something very demanding without
taking the cover off and without the cooling pad? Thanks for taking time to reply to my posT!

I OC to 736/1200 (+135/+1000) On BF4 64pp in MEdium setting, GPU max at 64c ( with pad around 61c) . I do not play on HIGH or Ultra since it can not handle solid 60fps (40 - 70fps). This testing is in room temps around 30c (Summer here in Melbourne).

Biohazard0604
Level 7
That is with the bottom panel on or off?! If those numbers were with the cover off, how hot does it get with the cover on and no cooling pad?