cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BIOS MODDING] NVMe support for Asus G751JT

rcarlos243
Level 7
I am trying to mod the Asus G751JT 202 BIOS (the one that has max x37 multiplier and x35 to all cores) to have support for NVMe.

I removed the sata driver module and inserted the compressed NVMe module as suggested by the developer.

The problem is I can't flash the modded BIOS.

link to NVMe BIOS Guide: http://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Guide-How-to-get-full-NVMe-support-for-Intel-Chipset-systems-from-Se...

With winflash /nodate I got an error "invalid BIOS file."

I tried researching the Asus USB FLashback to initiate BIOS crisis recovery to flash the modded BIOS, but can't find any documentation or working method for it (the CTRL + Home method doesn't work on newer models)

I also tried Flashing modified AMI Aptio UEFI using AFU with AFU modified.rom /P /B /K and AFU modified.rom /GAN but I got an error "ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size." Also tried the AFUWINGUI.exe with option Program All Bocks and Do not check ROM ID but I still get "ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size."

I also tried the FTK from -->hardforum.com<-- but I get Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS Space!

any ideas?
18 REPLIES 18

warryabel wrote:
lol...popcorn

Better chomp down on the popcorn before it goes stale. I'm done here with what I had to say and will Leave Nab to argue with himself.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

nab
Level 11
JustinThyme
Can you stop with your 30+ Years experience, there is probably some young people out there who can do more than you or me, your 30+ years is completely useless in a certain point due to evolution, society change, even more in computer science.
Is like saying you have 30+ years in Java and think it would help you in C. There is always something to learn, again 30+years experience won't help you here.
I didn't recommend, I say be careful with bios mod, I also said it void warranty, maybe he don't have any warranty, so I guessed, sorry I don't see the future !.
You said yourself that on many forum people do bios write code, I tell you good luck with that and this is a non sense, I told you that you don't write a bios like an application, simple as that, on your side you say modification/change is writing a bios, I say no.
It was not a personal attack, I use name to mention the person, saying stop misinformed users in general is not a personal attack.
Maybe they don't teach etiquette in your neighborhood ? what you want to answer to that ? simply you are going to far and you start to disrespectful, be careful using words like that.
I won't answer to your non sense anymore and personal attacks, this is going to far and you don't know where to put your limit.
You mostly aggressive against other users, again good luck with that.

Dreamonic
Level 12
Did the rise of nab's ROG SPARK, spark. an. outrage. perhaps....

JustinThyme
Level 13
I don't think the outrage will come until after the fact with download and install of the third revision of the same regedit script.
Personally speaking I have a problem with blindly installing an unsigned, undocumented piece of software that could also be a Trojan, data miner, keystroke logger or bitcoin miner.

But that's just my thoughts. I wish everyone the best of luck with it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I don't think the outrage will come until after the fact with download and install of the third revision of the same regedit script.
Personally speaking I have a problem with blindly installing an unsigned, undocumented piece of software that could also be a Trojan, data miner, keystroke logger or bitcoin miner.

But that's just my thoughts. I wish everyone the best of luck with it.

i have this read often before, undocumentet are also the most bioses we have installed but think what you want
underdogs are mostly unconventional 🙂

Gps3dx
Level 12
@rcarlos243, @Dreamonic - any new news on this subject ?
can NVME be achieved on G751JT/Y ?
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Has anyone figured this out yet? What is the highest performance M2 SSD that you can put in a G751 model that you can run windows on?
All i can find is that it's the Samsung SM951 OEM AHCI (Not NVMe) Version. But in saying that i can't find 1 to purchase they are all NVMe!
Am talking to ASUS support at present, they found some of your threads and posts on here very interesting and the squabble in this one quite entertaining lol!
The matter has been escalated, they was especially interested in the talks of BIOS Modifications so that will be looked at as well, and i had similar discussions
with Samsung particularly about the dysfunctions of Samsung Magician Software and OEM drives, so if i heard back anything positive on either i will post it here.
Or open a new thread!

Cheers
David

httuner
Level 9
rcarlos243 wrote:
I am trying to mod the Asus G751JT 202 BIOS (the one that has max x37 multiplier and x35 to all cores) to have support for NVMe.

I removed the sata driver module and inserted the compressed NVMe module as suggested by the developer.

The problem is I can't flash the modded BIOS.

link to NVMe BIOS Guide: http://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Guide-How-to-get-full-NVMe-support-for-Intel-Chipset-systems-from-Se...

With winflash /nodate I got an error "invalid BIOS file."

I tried researching the Asus USB FLashback to initiate BIOS crisis recovery to flash the modded BIOS, but can't find any documentation or working method for it (the CTRL + Home method doesn't work on newer models)

I also tried Flashing modified AMI Aptio UEFI using AFU with AFU modified.rom /P /B /K and AFU modified.rom /GAN but I got an error "ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size." Also tried the AFUWINGUI.exe with option Program All Bocks and Do not check ROM ID but I still get "ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size."

I also tried the FTK from -->hardforum.com<-- but I get Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS Space!

any ideas?

If your rom file doesn't match BIOS size; more than likely you'll brick. Even by 1kb it'll brick. You can use FPTWIN64 (Which is an intel tool I think) It'll be happy to flash your BIOS without care but its also a very dangerous tool because it'll flash anything lol.

Because the BIOS rom files size do not match I'm afraid you will brick. Your BIOS file should be (6,160,384 bytes); if you dump your own BIOS via AFUWIN64

httuner
Level 9
Dump your bios File with AFUWIN64 and send it my way_ PM me @rcarlos243

I'll take a look and see what I can do;