cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpto boot to UEFI

Arabicuser
Level 7
neyuru wrote:
op 1: Have you activated the RAID mode for your new MOBO?
op 2: Did you installed windows in UEFI or Legacy mode? Try setting "UEFI only" on your CSM options (boot tab) in case of UEFI installation, or "Both, Oprom first" in case of Legacy mode

I would like to know how to install windows in UEFI, and what will be the difference between installing in UEFI and Legacy mode?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X
3 REPLIES 3

Krighton
Level 7
UEFI is Windows 8's secure boot feature. I've got it, all I can tell you with my Samsung Pro SSD it's power to desktop in about 10 seconds.

It's faster.

It requires the following.

A UEFI "partion" is done via the installation disk. It's called GPT, replacing the typical MBR. It's an NTFS file system.
All UEFI compatible video cards (BIOS Nvidia 600 series and above)

You will NOT be able to boot into UEFI if your video cards aren't compatible AND have UEFI capable video cards. YOU MUST be in Auto or legacy mode.

Finally,

Google.

Krighton wrote:
UEFI is Windows 8's secure boot feature. I've got it, all I can tell you with my Samsung Pro SSD it's power to desktop in about 10 seconds.

It's faster.

It requires the following.

A UEFI "partion" is done via the installation disk. It's called GPT, replacing the typical MBR. It's an NTFS file system.
All UEFI compatible video cards (BIOS Nvidia 600 series and above)

You will NOT be able to boot into UEFI if your video cards aren't compatible AND have UEFI capable video cards. YOU MUST be in Auto or legacy mode.

Finally,

Google.

Thanks for that but still i didn't understand it.

So i can't use UEFI to install Windows 7? What is the method to install windows in UEFI if anyone can post the steps, please?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please do not hijack someone else's thread 🙂 I have created your own thread for you. There is a very detailed guide written by Nodens showing how to do the install.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.