cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 Internal USB3_78 Connector Issue

roadczar
Level 11
Edit 1/26/2012: Root cause found see below:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9084-Rampage-IV-Extreme-00-Code-After-Shut-Down&p=60927#pos...

----------------
Is anyone using both internal USB 3.0 20 pin headers? I’m using Bitfenix USB 3.0 front panel with 4 USB 3.0 ports. The two ports that are connected to the USB3_56 port one next to the 24 pin motherboard connector works without issues. The two ports that are connected to USB3_78 (next to USB 2.0 connectors) do not work. Either set works when connected to the USB3_56, so it is not a front panel issue.
I tested this on two separate Rampage IV boards with the same results. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Im my case the bottom two 3.0 USB ports (next to the sound ports) on the back of the motherboard do not work as well.

This is the USB 3.0 connector I am having problem with:

There should be four USB controllers detected, mine only shows two.

17 REPLIES 17

UltraNEO_
Level 11
Interesting...
I don't have any uses for USB3 right now but I would love to test mine!
I don't wanna be in a situation where I discover mine doesn't work neither!!!
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Ill test mine in a bit and ill report back for you.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I just tested it and I'm getting static with my Corsair headphones when using the front panel USB 3.0 header when connected to that same port. If I use the other port near the ATX connector, no issues. Headphones are obviously not USB 3.0, but it might related to the same issue.

mdzcpa wrote:
I just tested it and I'm getting static with my Corsair headphones when using the front panel USB 3.0 header when connected to that same port. If I use the other port near the ATX connector, no issues. Headphones are obviously not USB 3.0, but it might related to the same issue.

Thanks for testing. For me this port does not recognize neither USB 2.0 nor USB 3.0 flash drives. I don’t think it recognizes any devices.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Ok just plugged in my USB3 header into the bottom port and plugged to USB flash drives into it and they work fine no problems with my board here a screenshot of the ports in use.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Will test later this afternoon and report back.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I tried re-installing the AsMedia drivers, but still only two ports are recognized. 😞

Im my case the bottom two 3.0 USB ports (next to the sound ports) on the back of the motherboard do not work as well. Im getting tired of all these issues.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
That would be right because they run off a 2nd chip i would say do you have USB3 enabled in the bios? I would start a RMA if they dont work.

I used this to test my ports i brought this so i could use my 1 front USB3 port on my T600.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-USB-3-0-Female-Motherboard-20-Pin-cable-adapter-/110740765322?pt=AU_Com...