cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Questions about the Monitor XG32VQ

NightSharky
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I have a question about the Monitor XG32VQ.

Is there a way to adjust the sharpness? If yes how? "If got the ASUS DisplayWidget but the option on User-Mode is grayed so i can`t adjust it there"

What does "OD" means also what are those Levels for nor what they change?

Thats it for now <.<.

PS: IM A NEWB
3 REPLIES 3

artiemad555
Level 7
Hey Sharky... got same monitor couple weeks ago, here is what i know:

Sharpness dont know. im not satisfied with the sharpness of text and if i found a way would be nice. i dont know of any though. my friend has a swift last ngiht he said he has but this i dont know nothing in the menus.

My display widget says monitor not supported and everything is greyed out xcept some other info only screens and useless bits. i *THINK* it simply lets you change all the settings in windows instead of clicking the side buttons/joystick.

OD stand for overdrive. its some technology apparently to remove motion judder or make the image move more smoothly or summin. The levels are how strong you want the effect. play some game test it out.. i ended up removing it for now. (level 0)

Thats it for now ^^

Guys have you noticed any horizontal lines running across the screen ? They appear mainly on greyish colors , they are very faint and thin , They appear as parallel horizontal lines that are evenly spaced , I don't know if mine is defective or is it normal , I sit about an arm's length from the screen , can you please tell me if you can see those or not?

As far as I know there are no sharpness settings on the monitor and for the horizontal grey lines, I see them on mine as well. I guess this is an inherit trait of the Samsung panel they use in this one.