cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you use bluetooth on g750

HomieOC
Level 7
how do i turn on bluetooth on my g750jz? I wanna have my iphone as a hotspot for my laptop.. i can't figure out how to turn it on..
thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

MrRuckus
Level 10
From Windows 8 Metro:

Settings, Change PC settings, PC and devices, bluetooth.

Or the Bluetooth icon down by the clock on the desktop. Although I have Start8 so not sure that's there by default.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

hmscott
Level 12
HomieOC wrote:
how do i turn on bluetooth on my g750jz? I wanna have my iphone as a hotspot for my laptop.. i can't figure out how to turn it on..
thanks!

Why not use Wifi for Hotspot access? Save bluetooth for mouse, keyboard, audio, etc.

hmscott wrote:
Why not use Wifi for Hotspot access? Save bluetooth for mouse, keyboard, audio, etc.

Less battery drain on the iPhone, most likely.

I use both bluetooth and wifi to use my iphone as a hotspot, and the wifi option drains the battery very quickly.

Phlier wrote:
Less battery drain on the iPhone, most likely.

I use both bluetooth and wifi to use my iphone as a hotspot, and the wifi option drains the battery very quickly.

My Xperia Z Ultra in the CP-12 battery cover is 3000+3000mah so I don't have a problem with running out of power. But, before that I used an independent Wifi hotspot, as 2 batteries are better than one small one in the phone - and I never want to run out of power on my phone.

So I never felt the need to try BT AP. I set up my Xperia Z Ultra up on BT Hotspot, and it was quick and easy to connect using the G750JH, here is how to do it:

0) Turned off Wifi hotspot, and turned on BT hotspot on my Xperia Ultra Z
1) Get the charms bar, select Settings => PC Settings.
2) Go to Network, enable BT and disable Airport.
3) Go to PC qnd Devices => Bluetooth
4) Found my Xperia Ultra Z => Paired - confirmed the ID on phone and G750
5) Bluetooth icon in the Systray , selected Join a Personal Area Network
6) Selected the Xperia Ultra Z icon and clicked the drop down from the action bar below the menubar and selected Connect Using => Access Point and connected 🙂

The bad news is, where I am right now has a really weak LTE signal, and even on Wifi AP I am only getting 8.37 mbps Down and 2.72 mbps Up, and on BT AP it is even slower => 1.0mbps Down and .77mbps Up

You may be getting better battery usage as a BT AP, but you are giving up a lot of speed, even with a weak LTE connection.

Try a speedtest.net test on both BT and Wifi AP, and report back, maybe it will be faster on your iphone 🙂