cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for building a gaming PC

radi0active
Level 7
Hello dear friends.
After 8 years of inctivity i like to make a comback in gaming. For that i need a bit help from you.
I find ITX motherboards cute and compact, so i will start to make a ITX power machine. I purchased a Cooler Master elite 120 advanced Mini ITX case. Everything to build will cost me hell much. Because i am from the Republic of Macedonia, Europe, here i cannot find a ASUS ROG itx motherboard. I can only find weak ITX motherboards with intel atom processors, and motherboards that are not from ASUS. Because ASUS is allways the first choice for me, it must be a powerfull ASUS itx motherboard. But the best ASUS motherboard that i can find in my country is ASUS Z97i-Plus mini ITX motherboard. The nearest stores where i can find a ASUS ROG ITX motherboard are in the neighbour country's like Serbia, Bulgaria or Greece.
Now the point is, i like a recomendation. I know that ASUS Z97i-Plus is not a ROG motherboard, but i readed that it is a good gaming motherboard. Asus Maximus VII Impact ITX motherboard in Bulgaria costs twice more than the price of ASUS Z97i-Plus.
Can someone tell me what are the main differences between those boards? what has the Asus Maximus VII Impact ITX motherboard, that has not the Z97i-Plus?
I am a bit confused here, but its a long way to Bilgaria or Serbia, plus i need to declare it in my country's Custom's control, and will need to pay import taxes. Please recomend something.
Thanx
6 REPLIES 6

Vlada011
Level 10
Maximus VII Impact is best Mini ITX board. She have very nice sound card for motherboard,
actually better you will not find even on bigger motherboars. That's very important for Mini ITX because no place for dedicate sound.
And power section is little better, more phases compare to Z97i.

Here you can compare details
https://www.asus.com/rs/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_IMPACT/

https://www.asus.com/rs/Motherboards/Z97IPLUS/

Did you thought to wait few weeks before Maximus VIII impact show up with support for Skylake processors.

In Serbia you can find everything from ROG and almost everything from ASUS, if they don't have at the moment they could import for 2 weeks.
But prices are 10-20% higher than in Germany. For Bulgaria I'm not sure, they are in EU maybe is better...

You should make decision what you want, now Maximus VII Impact with Devil Canyon or Maximus VIII Impact with Skylake.
Maybe you should think and about Maximus VIII Gene, for me somehow hard core gaming RIG is not possible without at least mATX.
I mean hard core RIG is possible but without options for fast new devices for OS, M.2 PCI-E SSD, dedicate sound, maybe Thunderbolt card,...
Yes Mini ITX is small and cue but max you can get is good CPU and one Graphic card and sound if you choose Impact version.

And I plan in future to build smaller RIG, 650D is my last Mid tower case. But I will concentrate on mATX factor because place for sound card, PCI-E SSD, even always there are chance to find cheaper second GPU. And off course I want to stay with X chipset. Because of that for me is important to ASUS continue X99M-WS tradition with single PCI-E x1 or x4 slot, this year lack of 32Gbps transfer on M.2 was not acceptable.

Vlada011
Level 10
For import taxes I'm not sure, you need to check with Macedonia custom if you back with hardware.
I can give you site and place in Serbia where you can inform about hardware you want.
Z97i plus cost 150e, Maximus VII Impact only one store have and cost 135e...(i bought there R5E).

Nate152
Hello radi0active

I'm not sure of the price you came up with but you can build a newer gaming pc with a liquid cooled cpu for a little over 900 euros, here is one I picked out for an rog member, it is not mITX but it's all coolermaster.

It doesn't have an optical drive or an operating system, adding a stronger gpu will add to the cost as will the asus pro gaming motherboard, but it would be worth it.

Could be something to consider if the parts are available to you.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76818-My-First-PC

@Vlada011
Thank you for your opinion. I am thinking that an ROG itx motherboard is the best option. In Macedonia i can find everything for a good gaming machine exept a good ITX motherboard. I think that i will make my way to Serbia to buy a Maximus VII ITX motherboard, but i need to save some extra money before i make my trip. I have there a coisin, and this can be a good reason to visit him.
You told about Maximus VIII with Skylake support. If this is a new motherboard i am not sure if it will be awailable soon on the Serbian Market.
Yes please send me some information where on the serbian market i can purchase a Maximus VII itx motherboard, i will be very thankfull to you.
i think i cannot go for mATX option because i have the Coolermaster elite 120 Advanced case, and it supports only mini ITX. Offcource i plan a 700W Cooler Master power supply, and a powerfull Graphic card. Processor type, i think that the last generation of i5 will be a good option, for now. I can change it to i7 when the prices of this processor sink.
Thank you again Vlada

@Nate152
Thank you for your reply. Budget for now is not so big. I canot purchase all hardware at one time. I need to build it part by part. As a married person with 2 children, on the first place is always the family. But for now i have enough money on side to buy a Maximus VII itx motherboard. Coolermaster is allways a good option. As i told i have the case. After i get a motherboard, i will purchase a 700W power supply from Coolermaster, The last thing will be the processor, because prices are sinking every few months, so i will purchase a processor when the Rig is allmost done. I have some stuff from my older PC, like the gaming keyboard Logitech G15, and the good old Logitech MX518 mouse, still working perfect.
I think i dont need an optical drive, because now everything can go with USB, i think you will agree with me. The one and only 5.25" bay on the case is reserved for my old lis2-Blue eye display unit. And im thinking about SSD drives.
The only thing that doesnt fit from my old gaming rig is the processorcooler Thermaltake Big Typhoon, too big for an ITX case.
Thank you again Nate

Vlada011
Level 10
Maximus VII Impact you can only find in Monitor System.rs... IF they didn't sold...
http://www.monitor.rs/

But maybe they could order from ASUS office.

I didn't heard exactly date month or week for Maximus VIII Impact, probably soon and she will be available about 2 weeks after presentation.
My strong suggest is to wait because Haswell configuration you will pay almost as Skylake.
Than you can call them or send message and order motherboard and she will wait you in store.
That's downtown area, center of Belgrade and it's not far.
Practically price of old Intel processor and motherboard didn't drop at all, usually they only gone from market.
Example one of very small number of shops who have Maximus VI Impact, not VII, price is only 10e less than Maximus VIII Hero for Skylake.
In same store.

Because of that I advice VIII Impact.
Peripherals from Logitech you can keep freely if they serve you well, if you need optical drive try to use external USB DVD-RW.
He will not need so much space and you can put him on shelves and connect only when you need him.

If you ask me for CPU cooler than some 120mm AIO or some smaller Noctua, nothing big.
Something with max 90mm fans or AIO System.

Today i contacted one of the bigest computer and Hardware store in Skopje, Macedonia. I asked them if the will make soon new offers of motherboards, and i asked for the ROG motherboard. They told me that at this moment they will not be able to import ASUS motherboards. He didnt told me why.
Searching the web i found a store in Sofila, Bulgaria where they have a Maximus VII impact, but its too expensive 280 Euros, and maybe 6-8 hours driving to the Bulgarian store. The same motherboard in Greece is 220 Euros, difference is 80 Euros. If i drive to the nearest greek store i have to drive 3 hours, so its not too much far away. For the saved 80 Euros, i could buy something for the motherboard, like a Hard drive, or processor cooler, or maybe a Power supply from Cooler Master. Every other Hardware i can buy from my country.
I will try to find a store in Serbia, because as i told in my older post, it will be a good reason more to visit my cousin in Belgrade.

@Vlada011
I checked the monitor web side, but i didnt find this motherboard,maybe its sold off