cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith RAM issue (Ram is on QVL)and Raid 1 question

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
Hey guys!

I was building my new PC and I am using F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR RAM which is on the QVL. However, I cant get any of the 4 sticks to work on the right side. After spending a lot of time and checking them one by one. I was able to run all four on the left 4 slots.

Are they supposed to work like that? I wanted 2 on each side.

My question is does it matter in which slot I put them? Is there a sequence? I think not but trying to be sure.

Also I tried to put them at 3200 MHz and the system wont boot up at all. How can I make them run at the advertised frequency?

My 1950x Thread-ripper CPU is running over 50C temp on Kraken 62x. Is that normal? I will apply a new thermal paste tomorrow and see if it comes down a bit but the temp seems high. No overclocking has been done so far.

I am running ROG ZENITH EXTREME BIOS 0701 which I just updated today and it did not seem to solve the RAM slots issue.

Other parts I have put in so far are a M.2 from Corsair, EVGA PSU and EVGA 1080ti

I am still building it so any advice or heads up would me much appreciated.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

patlefort
Level 7
The order of RAM does matter if you want to use quad channel, however I think your system should still boot even if the order isn't respected. Check the manual for the proper order on page 1-5.

patlefort wrote:
The order of RAM does matter if you want to use quad channel, however I think your system should still boot even if the order isn't respected. Check the manual for the proper order on page 1-5.

Thank you for reply. I see the image in the manual now and will try that out.

pasty2k2
Level 7
Basically use the grey slots.

For info, the orientation of the RAM modules is symmetrical unlike what we've always seen with Intel quad channel - the slots are the other way around on one side. Just make sure you observe the difference and don't try jamming it in if it won't go, the covered DIMM socket pins are just as delicate as CPU socket pins.

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
Is there a way to transfer two HHD which are in Raid 1 on my old system to the new one and keep the same Raid 1. Talking about Intel based hardware raid not windows or software based.

This is a huge thing I need to do to keep my data and move it to the new pc while maintaining Raid 1 somehow.

Does anyone have a link to a step by step process of setting up hardware raid 1. I had it but now I cant seem to find it again online.

I also seem to be having issue with RAM slots.
My ram is on the QVL but I can run the 8GBx4 Sticks in A1,B1,C1,D1 as recommended and as I want( This allows me to put 2 on each side for symmetry). They all run 1 by 1 if used separately. They run fine if I run just two and they also run fine if I run all four in D1, D2, C1 and C2 on the same side.

Is the other side on my board defective?

I have called in ASUS CS and the guy said the issue was beyond him and an expert will call me soon.

ZZZZz