cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X399 ROG Zenith Extreme Threadripper 2 BIOS Update ???

Yves
Level 7
Question for the Asus staff :

Is the ROG Zenith Extreme motherboard capable of housing the new and upcoming AMD Threadripper Generation 2 CPU series ? (like the rumoured 2990X ?)
If yes : will Asus create and release a BIOS update for the ROG Zenith Extreme to handle these new up-to-32-core CPU's ? And will the VRM's be able to handle a 32-core CPU without any problems ?
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Word on the street is yes...well more word in the back alleys...;)

Asgaroth
Level 7
Also, I wonder, will there be a BIOS update that will include AGESA 1.1.0.0 which fixes the PCI bus reset issues under linux for these boards!

Asgaroth wrote:
Also, I wonder, will there be a BIOS update that will include AGESA 1.1.0.0 which fixes the PCI bus reset issues under linux for these boards!

That's what I am waiting for too. TR2 compatibility update should include this, I think they need to update the AGESA anyway for TR2 support.

But still no word from Asus when it's coming. All other manufactures have released their TR2 updates now I think.

Asgaroth
Level 7
Hmm, I've been an ASUS supporter for too long now, at this point I think my next motherboard will need to be from another manufacturer, the issues with this board and slow BIOS updates have been the last straw for me.

Hopefully they will releases a BIOS with AGESA 1.1.0.0 and TR2 support for this board soon.

Asgaroth wrote:
Hmm, I've been an ASUS supporter for too long now, at this point I think my next motherboard will need to be from another manufacturer, the issues with this board and slow BIOS updates have been the last straw for me.

Hopefully they will releases a BIOS with AGESA 1.1.0.0 and TR2 support for this board soon.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1642825-asus-x399-rog-zenith-extreme-complaint-b...

elmor wrote:
I'm as frustrated about these delays as you are. I still can't give a time frame for when it will be ready.
The current TR2 BIOS has re-introduced the memory cold boot issues, I will release something here when that's fixed.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Is there actually asus staff watching/handling the questions here on the forum or is this forum completely unsupported ???

Ljugtomten
Level 9
UEFI 1402 with support for TR2 for adventurous people:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1642825-asus-x399-rog-zenith-extreme-complaint-b...

- Only test if you're brave enough
- AGESA 1.1.0.1a
- TR2 ready
- Cold boot should be fixed again, let me know otherwise
- EC firmware update (MBEC-X399-0218)
- Flashing to older versions disabled

Note1: I have not been able to test this version myself

Note2: There's an issue with EC FW updates on the recent BIOS versions, which means that if you flash this version and then go back using USB BIOS Flashback you might get stuck updating the EC firmware. From what I've found it will not brick the board, you can use USB BIOS Flashback to the new version again and it will work again. There should also be older BIOS versions available that works for EC flashing. 0305 for example is the first BIOS with MBEC-X399-0211, and should not have this issue. After flashing 0305 you can flash whichever later version you want.