cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD issues with amd motherboards

presiado85
Level 7
Hello, so i have Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD. my sound would disappear for a moment and come back. some times it repeats over and over and over till i restart. not all the time the sound would be fixed. removing the Dolby digital signal to regular 2.0 sound setting would fix it. but i read on the amd forums the motherboard for all amd pcie from 3 to 4 have problems with creative sound cards. has asus made a beta bios or driver fix for this?

here is a link form creative stating its not their fault.

https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=200427&c
4 REPLIES 4

KraZy_SkitZy
Level 7
presiado85 wrote:
Hello, so i have Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD. my sound would disappear for a moment and come back. some times it repeats over and over and over till i restart. not all the time the sound would be fixed. removing the Dolby digital signal to regular 2.0 sound setting would fix it. but i read on the amd forums the motherboard for all amd pcie from 3 to 4 have problems with creative sound cards. has asus made a beta bios or driver fix for this?

here is a link form creative stating its not their fault.

https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=200427&c

Which board do you have? Maybe try a different slot. If you have one of the higher end boards, why bother with a sound card? The integrated on the higher end strix and zenith are fantastic. If you want creative specific enhancements, I recommend these modded drivers that unlock many sound features, such as dolby, dts, creative, etc. https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFDCHDriverMod/releases
Also maybe try out a modded bios if you are desperate. Also make sure integrated audio is disabled via the bios if you must use a sound card.

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
Which board do you have? Maybe try a different slot. If you have one of the higher end boards, why bother with a sound card? The integrated on the higher end strix and zenith are fantastic. If you want creative specific enhancements, I recommend these modded drivers that unlock many sound features, such as dolby, dts, creative, etc. https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFDCHDriverMod/releases
Also maybe try out a modded bios if you are desperate. Also make sure integrated audio is disabled via the bios if you must use a sound card.

399-e

i really dont like the built in audio processing on motherboards. i already had experienced them before. my many year old sound card sounds much better. i had tried different slots still the same thing. i already tried those modded drivers before. they bring out some enhancements but not on par with sound quality.

presiado85 wrote:
399-e

i really dont like the built in audio processing on motherboards. i already had experienced them before. my many year old sound card sounds much better. i had tried different slots still the same thing. i already tried those modded drivers before. they bring out some enhancements but not on par with sound quality.

the strix x399-e has pretty decent audio processing, I recommend trying those modded drivers and install creatives software during installation. Ive ran sound cards for years, and I'm confident their mostly a placebo compared to higher end realtek chips, and your board has excellent dacs. Unless your running top end speakers and/or headphones I think most people are fooling themselves. The difference between your card an the onboard is 2db, and the strix has 32bit/192khz sampling. Its usually the creative sound processing is what gives you that sound you like, which the drivers unlock the licences for creative 360/720/thx.
Also that sound card of yours is terribly old, better off buying a cheaper modern sound blaster if you must have a sound card, you'll probably have to buy a newer one, low end modern creative card is better than your current one. Which tells me you experiencing a placebo effect.
I've ran high end creative cards all the way back from the awe32 and tbh i may not be an audiophile, but I stopped when the alc892 came out an the difference became irrelevant, creative has more invested into their processing software than hardware, hence why its licensed to motherboard manufacturers.
Try it out, even stock drivers with sonic studio , the sound is pretty good, I prefer creative or dolby atmos for gaming a touch more, but sonic studio is pretty close..
Give it a try an possibly save a headache

Yeah, the sound quality is very good for an onboard component. I have 5.1 speakers attached. It used to be an a/v receiver with 5.1 speakers but that was a different story. I couldn't achieve the audio sampling I wanted because there was an processing bottleneck between the motherboard and the audio receiver. You can't go wrong with 32bit/48KHz sound sampling (I'm using this one for a while now).