cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking Enhancement

injurer
Level 7
Tried to mention about this in another post, but I believe this topic deserves a bit more attention so I created a new thread.

There is a strange option in the BIOS named "Overclocking Enhancement". Found no info about what it actually do, but when enabled the temperatures reported are dropping significantly. Now the issue with that is that I'm afraid those could be fake and that's because at idle temps reported are under ambient - 8-16 degrees C. That means if temperatures are wrongly reported my AIO fans will spin slower and I may melt the board/CPU.

Anyone knows what exactly those "Overclocking Enhancement" option is doing? Any reliable source?
3 REPLIES 3

elmor
Level 10
It enables SenseMi Skew (artificially reading lower temperatures in order to trick XFR to boost longer and higher), Performance Bias and tweaks VRM settings to improve overclockability.

Leave on Auto. It reports lower temp to allow for more overclocking headroom. Enabled it gives you false readings.

elmor wrote:
It enables SenseMi Skew (artificially reading lower temperatures in order to trick XFR to boost longer and higher), Performance Bias and tweaks VRM settings to improve overclockability.

What are the best bios settings to use for 1950x optimum Stock XFR performance? Because i followed your advice and my single threaded score in cinebench is 158-160 and lower than what i get with a Ryzen 1800x. Memory is 3200Mhz CL14, cooler is a Enermax 360. Temps never go over 50c.

I seem to be getting terrible XFR performance on the latest bios 0801, tried back as far as 0601.

When i first got the board i was scoring 169-171 in cinebench single threaded at stock XFR settings but now i cant get anywhere near it.