cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load vga bios

ctx
Level 8

Hello, friends. I have Asus rog zenith extreme Alpha ii cpu 3960x Threadripper, psu 1200 asus thor. Before that, it was 3090 and 128GB of RAM. Today I installed a radeon 7900xtx and 256GB of RAM. It loads up to the logo and on the display of the board it says load vga bios and nothing further can be done. The bios was the penultimate one on the 1601 board, in my opinion. Are there any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Luckybeans1987
Level 7

I have the same motherboard just went from a 3090 to 4090 and that’s happening to me!! Somehow the USBs are all booting out of order and that’s why it’s hanging saying Loading VGA Bios cuz if you wait long enough your keyboard will work and it will eventually boot but I figured out if I turn off all usb to hdd stuff or anything extra it just boots like normal.. then my stupid ass had to look under the usb settings in bios and it shows my 2 usb to hdd and they were in auto so I figured set them to hdd now every single boot even if they aren’t plugged in shows it’s loading those 2 hdds right after vga goes on but it looks like a normal boot and I tried resetting bios and cmos and putting those back in and setting to auto again but nope still stuck like that so I have loading vga bios when they are plugged in and loading Hdds when I have no other hdds plugged in… and I plot with my gpu make files and mine crashes saying irql is not less than or equal and it says it’s a driver issue but a lot of people are telling me it’s the gpu so I’m soo lost…

micboule
Level 8

Hi, just to give you what I did to solve the problem of Load VGA Bios error. 

After doing a lot of troubleshooting, I found out that it was not the video card the problem, it was a NVME drive that was making this error. The NVME was Gigabyte NVME  GP-ASM2NE6100TTTD 1TB.

Finally, after removing the faulty NVME, everything was fine. 

Configuration:

Windows 11 Pro. 22H2 (with all the latest drivers)
Zenith II Extreme (not Alpha) - Bios 1802
CPU AMD ThreadRipper 3970X
Watercooling with Heatsink Heatkiller IV (Quad 4 rads)
Waterpump EKWB D5 Pump
Waterpump Corsair D5 Pump
128GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 64GB (4 x 32GB)  288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop  Memory Model F4-3600C18D-64GTZN  and by the way this previous model code does not work together with  F4-3600C18D-32GTZN. It's one model code only.
3 x Kingston NVME KC3000 2TB each
2 x Gigabyte NVME  GP-ASM2NE6100TTTD 1TB each (RAID 0) 
5 HDD SATA 3.5"
1 x 1080Ti Geforce Nvidia Strix OC 
1 x 3080Ti EVGA FTW3 watercooled
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 80 PLUS Titanium