cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpu fans randomly ramping up

daemon_byte
Level 7
My cpu cooler is an Enermax LiqTech TR4 360 where the pump is connected to the aio header and the fans are connected to the cpu fan header.
My motherboard is the Rog Strix x399-e gaming.

I used fan xpert 4 to configure my fans to run slowly until 50 degrees, slowly ramp up until 60 degrees and then go full blast. And mostly it worked but sometimes for random reasons the fans spike making an almighty noise. So I setup the same rules again directly in the bios and still it randomly ramps up.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I tried to grab a screen shot in fan xpert as it happened but it wasn't great. Still it was doing 1068rpm at 44 degrees when in the settings of both fan xpert and the bios it shouldn't be going over 250 at that temp.
6 REPLIES 6

Repro54
Level 7
Fans smooth up/down time, click on the arrow on the right to set time delay to about 5-10 seconds

Thanks. I will set that up although recently it doesn't seem to have been doing it as often so maybe it's learnt on it's own or I've been hitting it less hard recently.

Seems like I cannot post images but i have my fans on Extreme Quiet and completely shut off and they randomly ramp up to MAX even though the temperatures are cool and they shouldn't been triggered in the first place.

I tried so many solutions and none worked so far. So my question for you is, how can I stop that from happening?

I am required to work in a very quiet environment.

Markusclouser wrote:
Seems like I cannot post images but i have my fans on Extreme Quiet and completely shut off and they randomly ramp up to MAX even though the temperatures are cool and they shouldn't been triggered in the first place.

I tried so many solutions and none worked so far. So my question for you is, how can I stop that from happening?

I am required to work in a very quiet environment.

Turn OFF the Fan AI in Fan Expert.

Shark007 wrote:
Turn OFF the Fan AI in Fan Expert.

It's was off. I actually put it on On and Off again just now. No changes.

I investigated further and ChaFan3 will ramp up to MAX whenever there's a slight load change. It's not even related to the temperatures.

I am at a loss.